Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine Mantel ?

Article about: This mantel looks too new to me. It weighs aboout 12 pounds. It is black with white piping which I have never seen before. I cannot asertain the rank either. But I'm somewhat new and have mu

Default Allgemeine Mantel ?

This mantel looks too new to me. It weighs aboout 12 pounds. It is black with white piping which I have never seen before. I cannot asertain the rank either. But I'm somewhat new and have much to learn. Any help would be appreciated. L
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine Mantel ?   Allgemeine Mantel ?  

Allgemeine Mantel ?   Allgemeine Mantel ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine Mantel ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeine Mantel ?

Hello Lorenzo-
    Many collectors, both new and old, make the mistake of calling any black garment of the SS "Allgemeine." The Allgemeine SS was the general branch of the SS. The black uniform was worn by all facets of the SS. This tunic is supposed to represent a NCO on the staff of Dachau, a part of the Totenkopf Verbande. The insignia is not period original. The totenkopf looks constipated! I wou8ld stay clear of this piece.
    Best regards,
    Bob
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

another point on this mantel is that as a NCO rank, it should have twisted silver and black piping. Note the difference between the piping on the tunic with the real tab and the sloppy appearance of the piping on the mantel. Silver piping was reserved for officer ranks. Attached are two pictures of genuine Totenkopf collar tabs for your reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine Mantel ?   Allgemeine Mantel ?  

Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 02-21-2011 at 02:24 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

To add to what Bob C. has generously shown, the following:Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?

Of further note...Allgemeine Mantel ?

?

Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Couple of additional correct NCO tabs.

As discussed recently on this forum, there is (what appears to be) a nice mantel on Peter Jenkins' site.

The quality of reference service rendered here far exceeds the dorky, puerile, cyber bully snake pit place, that is for sure...

sapere aude.Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?

There are few places with more authentic regalia of this type than here.Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?

There are few places with more authentic regalia of this type than here.Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?

Are there?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?Allgemeine Mantel ?