Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions please

Article about: Greetings. This Cuff Title has caught my eye and I am intending to purchase if the concensus from contributers to this site is favourable. In my opinion, it compares favourably to those exam

Default Re: Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions please

thread title is right as rain, the above shown blue bordered Reserve 1 is in my posession

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions please
    P
    Many

Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseI write to say that Dave Delich considers the original post here as authentic.
    My question is, though, I thought the Reserve Sturmbann per Standarte was more or less delineated (as in the price lists, etc.) with light blue borders...?
    However, I also know from my colleagues and my own research that this regalia changed frequently.
    Was there a reserve within the 1st Sturmbann?

I rely on Mollo, Vol. I

Thanks to all for your deliberations, contributions and enquires regarding the authenticity of this Cuff Title. It is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Paul

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseI write to say that Dave Delich considers the original post here as authentic.
    My question is, though, I thought the Reserve Sturmbann per Standarte was more or less delineated (as in the price lists, etc.) with light blue borders...?
    However, I also know from my colleagues and my own research that this regalia changed frequently.
    Was there a reserve within the 1st Sturmbann?

I rely on Mollo, Vol. I
    F.B. Sir, I also had this in my mind and Pp. 49 of Robin Lumsden's Collectors Guide seems to explicitly describe Stumbann4 as being the reserve sturmbann for each Fuss Standarte (with light blue borders). Page 31 of the same then describes each Reserve Sturmbann comprising two reserve sturm: "Reserve 1" and "Reserve 2" and a "Reserve-Sanitatsstaffel". These are well shown in both Mr Delich's and Robert H.'s collections and contributions to this thread.
    However Page 33 of Lumdsen also describes Supplementary Reserve Detachment of each Oberabschnitt with reverse colour schemes on uniform insignia. I assume these other Cuff Titles would fit in nicely to Plate 5 of Mollo's Volume 1. I am still trying to piece this together so please forgive my thinking out loud. Regards, paul
    Last edited by backtothefront; 06-30-2013 at 04:36 AM.

Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseHere is a primary source versus a secondary source as per this issue. It is not an easy source, but it indicates where the reserve units resided in the hierarchy, but I am tentative about my generalizations.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-30-2013 at 06:25 AM.

The Stammabteilung was also a kind of reserve, but also for those for whatever reason not in a billet.

Allgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions pleaseAllgemeine Reserve Cuff Title for opinions please
    Quote by backtothefront View Post
    F.B. Sir, I also had this in my mind and Pp. 49 of Robin Lumsden's Collectors Guide seems to explicitly describe Stumbann4 as being the reserve sturmbann for each Fuss Standarte (with light blue borders). Page 31 of the same then describes each Reserve Sturmbann comprising two reserve sturm: "Reserve 1" and "Reserve 2" and a "Reserve-Sanitatsstaffel". These are well shown by Mr Delich's collection.
    However Page 33 of Lumdsen also describes Supplementary Reserve Detachment of each Oberabschnitt with reverse colour schemes on uniform insignia. I assume these other Cuff Titles would fit in nicely to Plate 5 of Mollo's Volume 1. I am still trying to piece this together so please forgive my thinking out loud. Regards, paul

This passage refers to the Stammabteilung, i.e. reverse color scheme...I own such a uniform. You are welcome to think out loud, since none of this is at all simple by any means.
    The more I have seen such documents as in the RZM circulars as well as the things Mr. d'Alquen and Mr. Saris have uncovered in their signal efforts, the secondary sources are pretty thin on this subject.

This structure was more or less a copy of the various levels of reserves in the old armies.

Such uniforms as these are hum drum to many collector tastes, but unlike faked SSTV and SSTV uniforms in unlikely combinations and impossible biographies, these pieces are real.

Thank you for the enlightening information and source material. I seem to forget important details just as I think I'm getting a grasp on it all. "The devil is in the detail" seems to be the case! Regards, paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast