Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Article about: by ToxicGas He's currently away I believe, he hasn't abandoned the thread. Mat Tell him, that, for a reasonable fee, I will examine the uniform and give him my opinion, which I am sure Mr. C

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic
    Quote by aurelius180 View Post
    I would like to give my thanks to you for posting so many pictures of your collection. I'm extremely new at this and until this point have found it difficult to find such high quality pictures of genuine pieces. Whether looking for immediate comparison or to take mental notes for the future, those pictures help tremendously. Additionally you have an incredible collection and it's a pleasure to simply view it.
    Dear Sir, Thanks for the kind thought. if it is foetid, then I post it. Good luck. yours, FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Black tunic
    P
    Many

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicfoetid and I still post it...! For how much longer, no man can say....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Black tunic   Allgemeine SS Black tunic  

Allgemeine SS Black tunic   Allgemeine SS Black tunic  

Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS Black tunic 

Quote by besslein View Post
    why you always post such tons of photos? its real stange for me since long time..........
    Thanks to our moderators for expelling this person. What a nuisance this person was.

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    This thread deals with a member asking to have an item verified. What better to show him than original period tunics that have not been tampered with. Most of us are here to spread useful knowledge, not bicker over trivial matters.
    As to the tunic in question, from the pictures posted, there is no way offer an opinion on it's originality. In hand inspection by a knowledgable individual would be the safest course of action. As a historical collectable it will always be a humped up restored piece. My view is it would be better to wait and find an intact piece than spend vast amounts of money for original insignia to restore this. Officer insignia is quite expensive.
    The reasoned, balanced opinion of one of our finest leaders.

The banned person did not like the use of authentic items as it would interfere with his vest pocket black market business in crappy reproductions and his gumming
    up of one line discussion boards with disinformation and broken syntax and barely literate language.

The moderators do a lot to keep things sanitized here and I am very grateful.

Been doing some research on Allgemeine SS tunics & the images seen here & else where are prompting a question regarding dagger/sword wear on the Allgemeine SS tunic. I see some with and then without the suspension loop sewn inside the tunic. How would a sword/33 model dagger/chained SS dagger be worn if there is no suspension loop when the owner wears the brocade belt? Was the chained SS dagger worn with the brocade belt on those tunics with the inside the tunic suspension D ring? Or are these tunics without the belt loop their every day tunic worn with the black SS belt, cross straps and looped leather dagger D ring hanger worn on the belt itself? Would the tunic with the suspended D ring from inside the tunic be their gala wear stepping out tunic where only their SS sword was worn? Thank you in advance for any enlightenment that could be provided.

Hi Rich..although I can not answer questions on tailoring and how the D rings were attached inside the tunic...but some uniforms did have that attachment within. The Uniform Gents here can explain further...but an accoutrement for a Chained SS dagger called the Tear drop hanger could be worn from the pants belt inside or also outside the uniform attached to the Harness Belt.
    Below is a photo of a tear drop hanger.

Regards Larry

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Been doing some research on Allgemeine SS tunics & the images seen here & else where are prompting a question regarding dagger/sword wear on the Allgemeine SS tunic. I see some with and then without the suspension loop sewn inside the tunic. How would a sword/33 model dagger/chained SS dagger be worn if there is no suspension loop when the owner wears the brocade belt? Was the chained SS dagger worn with the brocade belt on those tunics with the inside the tunic suspension D ring? Or are these tunics without the belt loop their every day tunic worn with the black SS belt, cross straps and looped leather dagger D ring hanger worn on the belt itself? Would the tunic with the suspended D ring from inside the tunic be their gala wear stepping out tunic where only their SS sword was worn? Thank you in advance for any enlightenment that could be provided.
    I have found that on the contract/depot issued items that they are most commonly made with a D-ring, however, there are variations where the D-ring is absent and a slot is made from inside the tunic to hang a dagger/sword from an Umhängegurt suspended from an Unterschnallgurt (edged weapons aren’t my area so others more versed in these items and their associated peripherals will offer better understanding on regulations for wear). The bespoke pieces have a greater degree of variation and are most certainly tailored to the original owner’s tastes.

The following are examples of RZM/VA pieces from my collection that have the D-ring sewn into the left hip pocket:

The following is a VA contract piece that is sans D-ring and has the pass-through for the hanging devices:

The following example is a bespoke piece with the pass-through:

For parade dress, which I believe some of the examples (such as the bespoke piece above) I own are, it seems to me that the pass-through used with the belts and hangers worn underneath suited the purpose of keeping a sharp and unencumbered look. I can’t imagine that this would be practical for daily use, though. The SS Kleiderkasse price list from 1940 lists these items for sale as seen in the following:

The tunics that I currently hold in my collection with the D-ring have the associated wear that one would expect with a garment used frequently, whereas the parade items are in a much better state of preservation.

I fear I haven’t unequivocally answered your questions, rather, I have provided some anecdotal evidence based upon the pieces from my collection. Those more familiar with the regulations (d’alquen) may have a better concrete answer as to the proper time and place to use a D-ring vs a suspension rig worn under the tunic. At the least, I can shed some light on the items available from the Kleiderkasse that are used to suspend the Degen and Dienstdolch.

?

A Kriegsmarine Unterschnallgurt (blau) with Gehänge and Dolchkoppel:

Photo credit: Ratisbon’s

Although not SS, the above can add some insight as to how the items were worn underneath and with the tunic.

Thank you Larry for your reply.

In consideration of daily wear vs gala wear, I am of mind to think that the jodhpur style trousers vs the straight leg trousers is that the jodhpur trousers were a daily wear item with their tall black leather boots vs gala wear trousers worn with leather shoes.

The jodhpur style trouser has the 2 side straps at the waist that can be used to bring the jodhpur tight against the torso and lacks belt loops, clarify, the jodhpurs I have seen, to enable to wearer to use a belt.

That is unless of course the person making that purchase did not specify belt loop style jodhpurs.

Has anyone seen jodhpur trouser were a belt was used to support the jodhpur from dropping in lieu of the side strap with buckle tightening system? A small detail indeed but considering that the owners who were Officers & & EM/NCO in the Allgemeine SS surely had more than 1 dress tunic as well as straight leg vs jodhpur style trousers. Then the criteria of use, is there anything that was published from the era that could help make more sense?

DrCMH, thank you for your post. This is indeed a bit of intrigue, as I have seen both types of tunics and also own 1 without the sewn in suspension strap & loop. Thus the reason for the question. And I am certain in my mind at least that with the images you have posted that how the sword/dagger was supported under the tunic may have been do it any way you can because no one can see under the tunic exactly how an edged weapon was worn. Of course tunic removed meant the edge weapon was removed prior to taking off the rock.

A question remains though, has anyone seen any images of a chained 36 dagger worn with or know of a regulation that states what was worn and what could not be worn with the brocade belt?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast