Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine SS CAP............

Article about: I wanted to talk to the shop today about this cap... I didn't think it was listed on thier wesite, but it is... here is a link to better pics and a discription ...link>>>> Allgem

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS CAP............

Quote by ian View Post
    i smell all sorts of rats running arround here
    something is not quite right here
    You calling me a rat?? What's your point???????????????????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS CAP............
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    It's one of these 3... I should have taken better pics.
    The one in the middle.

ian
    ?

im calling you nothing
    im just concerned that every thing that you post is fake and has price tags attatched
    think about it from an outsider looking in ,,and you will understand what im thinking
    we have many people who come on the forum to try to authenticate some thing so that they can sell it ,, by saying it was authenticated here
    nothing against you personaly at all
    just that you are following that patern
    if im wrong then i apologise

?

Just take a look at the visor pics i have posted on page one Lowboy.

?

Quote by ian View Post
    im calling you nothing
    im just concerned that every thing that you post is fake and has price tags attatched
    think about it from an outsider looking in ,,and you will understand what im thinking
    we have many people who come on the forum to try to authenticate some thing so that they can sell it ,, by saying it was authenticated here
    nothing against you personaly at all
    just that you are following that patern
    if im wrong then i apologise
    Yes Sir... You are VERY wrong... I'm not trying to authenticate anything, for any reason other than my own collection. My SS dagger isnt fake ... my SA dagger isnt fake... but yes THE $50 BUTTON YO-YO thingy I bought today was fake!! a few of the other things I have posted are fake.. this hobby is full of landmines!!!!! None of the fakes that were posted other than the button are mine..... And my reason for posting this cap is .. I'm planning on putting this cap on layaway next. I understand your reasoning but you are very wrong... I hope to be a long time collector and a respected member of this board.

?

Quote by Lowboy View Post
    Yes Sir... You are VERY wrong... I'm not trying to authenticate anything, for any reason other than my own collection. My SS dagger isnt fake ... my SA dagger isnt fake... but yes THE $50 BUTTON YO-YO thingy I bought today was fake!! And my reason for posting this cap is .. I'm planning on putting this cap on layaway next. I understand your reasoning but you are very wrong... I hope to be a long time collector and a respected member of this board.
    Well then, do some research on the items you want to buy. This web site has a huge data base on all sorts of items, and when really in doubt ask. You will also learn a lot in the process of researching. Also think about what ian wrote. And Walkwolf about the Sax. It looks strange.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Well then, do some research on the items you want to buy. This web site has a huge data base on all sorts of items, and when really in doubt ask. You will also learn a lot in the process of researching. Also think about what ian wrote. And Walkwolf about the Sax. It looks strange.
    I will purchase books on my subjects of interest.... the reason I post pics of all the things I see (or want to buy) is to get feedback... and to make the forum interesting... I posted SS Julleuchter candle holder.. not to get them authenticated ... just because I thought they were different...(not something I would EVER buy) and I wanted to hear feedback.. I ended up finding out they have a wikipedia page.
    My point is ... if I see something of interest now or in the future ..I will post pics and ask questions... that's what keeps a forum like this interesting...
    As for the Sax... I'd like to have it in my collection.. the price is way out of line ... but I'd thought I would show all of you.
    Im not a dealer or a seller... NOT EVEN CLOSE. If posting pics of different things is wrong.... I guess I joined the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Lowboy; 11-02-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Save your money on this one. Like Datrus said, do some research on the items you want to buy. When you research the stuff, you will begin to learn what a good one looks like, when comparing to a bad.

?

Quote by Doggert Dog View Post
    Save your money on this one. Like Datrus said, do some research on the items you want to buy. When you research the stuff, you will begin to learn what a good one looks like, when comparing to a bad.
    From a beginners standpoint ... its beyond frustrating. So many fakes out there...

The cap is a poor fake for reasons previously stated. The shape is also completely wrong. This is likely an Eastern European fake as the shape is similar to old Soviet caps. For your information, this is not an "Allgemeine" cap. It is a black SS cap. The black uniform was worn by ALL branches of the SS as the dress uniform, not just the Allgemeine units. This is a common misuse of terminology among collectors.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast