Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Allgemeine SS greatcoat

Article about: Hi dears, I found this forum and i saw that it's really good. I'm 28 and I begins to collect one years ago... I get this overcoat of an allgemeine SS from a collector, and I ask to you if so

antony.s
    ?

Default Allgemeine SS greatcoat

Hi dears, I found this forum and i saw that it's really good. I'm 28 and I begins to collect one years ago...
    I get this overcoat of an allgemeine SS from a collector, and I ask to you if someone can write what think about it.
    Many many thanks guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS greatcoat   Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Allgemeine SS greatcoat   Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS

Quote by antony.s View Post
    Hi dears, I found this forum and i saw that it's really good. I'm 28 and I begins to collect one years ago...
    I get this overcoat of an allgemeine SS from a collector, and I ask to you if someone can write what think about it.
    Many many thanks guys!
    Can you place more close-up pictures of insignia?
    Very interesting that the officers coat but without any rank insignia on the rank collar tab.

antony.s
    ?

I'll try to to them tomorrow or in next days, because I broken my picture-machine...
    Thank you for your interest!
    I have more ss items, and after 31 I'll post so you can wrtite what you think about.
    Thanks again!

?

Hello Antony!
    Welcome to the forum, we will wait for the pictures. Looks you have a nice coat

Hello Anthony.

I'm sorry to say, but this coat is not an original period Allgemeine-SS overcoat. First this cut or pattern of the coat is not correct and second the manufactures label is definitely a post-war manufacturers label. I would also have to assume that the insignia on this coat are also reproductions as well.

Good reference books for collecting Allgemeine-SS and Waffen-SS uniforms and insignia are:

"Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" by Michael Beaver

"SS Uniforms, Insignia & Accoutrements: A Study in Photographs" by A. Haynes

"Uniforms of the SS" by Andrew Mollo

"SS Regalia" by Robin Lumsden

Collecting TR items is far to expensive today and the better equipped you are with information about original pieces will save you lots of money in the future. Believe me, I paid dearly for some of my mistakes.

Good luck.

antony.s
    ?

Hi herrgeezer,
    i wrote your message.
    Thanks a lot for you interest and your answer. I'm doing in my home a library about reference books of Third Reich militaria, but as all you know it's a long way! So some times I find difficulties in understand what is really good and what's fake. So I ask, as I did here to find someone expert and to find good words for learn.
    The books of uniforms of waffen-SS will arrive to me next month...

For this coat I have 20 days to decide if keep it or not.
    Let me know what is the best choice.
    With all my respect, Antony.

antony.s
    ?

And thanks to all guys for help me!

?

I think the better way to give the coat back to the seller

Quote by antony.s View Post
    Hi herrgeezer,
    i wrote your message.
    Thanks a lot for you interest and your answer. I'm doing in my home a library about reference books of Third Reich militaria, but as all you know it's a long way! So some times I find difficulties in understand what is really good and what's fake. So I ask, as I did here to find someone expert and to find good words for learn.
    The books of uniforms of waffen-SS will arrive to me next month...

For this coat I have 20 days to decide if keep it or not.
    Let me know what is the best choice.
    With all my respect, Antony.
    Greetings Antony. As Dimas has said you are better off sending that coat back to the seller.

I'm glad to hear that you are building a library of reference material to study, that will be money well spent. Also, it is a good thing to ask others for opinions when you are starting out. I have a large box of items that are not good that I picked up along the way as I have enjoyed this hobby over the years and I study them on occasion when I get an original item that replaced the reproduction in my collection. I've made some very expensive mistakes and some not so expensive, but I've learned much as I've gone on and you will too!
    All the best,
    David

antony.s
    ?

Really thanks again!
    It's always beautiful listen someone prepared!! And I know that the way in this field is really hard, it's hard have experience without doing mistakes! Is this the reason why I write and I search different opinions!
    Thanks and thanks again!
    I have one uniform of LAH, and this i'm sure it's good... Came to me with his belt and buckle and his cigarettes-box... Inside have the name of the owner.
    May be one day I'll post it, but my pictures are too much big and this forum don't accept them.
    I'll try...
    All my best wishes, and respect!
    Antony

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast