Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Allgemeine ss – sd tunic

Article about: Hello, I have pics of a ALLGEMEINE SS – SD TUNIC, I would love to hear opinions from the pics if there are any red flags? I was wondering if this is an altered jacket. Thanks for you help.

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicThis is the item that caused controversy elsewhere.
    It was the property of Bob Hritz, and ergo with a fine provenance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine ss – sd tunic
    P
    Many

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAnd this item came to me from Bob Coleman and then went back to him.

?

Fantastic, FB!!
    Concerning The Low country tunic, even if I didn't know that it belonged to Mr Hritz, its overall appearence, its trim is quite patognomonic of an original one, isn't it?
    Am I been precipitaded?
    Of course other pics would help to determine originality, but this kind of tailoring is suggestive, isn't it?

?

Quote by jose View Post
    Fantastic, FB!!
    Concerning The Low country tunic, even if I didn't know that it belonged to Mr Hritz, its overall appearence, its trim is quite patognomonic of an original one, isn't it?
    Am I been precipitaded?
    Of course other pics would help to determine originality, but this kind of tailoring is suggestive, isn't it?
    It is, well done. There are several clues offered in the pictures on the other site. The tunic also shows genuine wear which is poorly replicated on the fakes. Of course, my assessment must be taken with a grain of salt as I don't have the item in hand for a proper review, however, Bob knows his stuff and if he has had this tunic in his possession then that is good enough for me.

I also wish Bob Hritz would resume posting here, I've met him once and he struck me as very knowledgable and friendly.

The trousers are a different story and I am with Pascal in that concern. The trousers are likely added into the grouping but the tag is of a controversial nature and I, for one, expect the tags to be quite compliant with the RZM guidelines.

Yes, the lange Hose are fake. That is, the lange Hose in Flanders are fake.

Quote by jose View Post
    Fantastic, FB!!
    Am I been precipitaded?
    As my colleague wrote, if it was in Hritz's collection, then it is authentic.

Once more, you have to have the thing in hand and compare it to several others.

And the thing has to add up in terms of what year it is, 1933, 1934, 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938 or 1939 or 1940.

These items existed for a short time, and you have to be able to recognize the traits of a given moment, of a given type and so forth.

The wear to the button holes is one criterion. There are many, many more.

Nor can I elucidate them all here.

Such a request is beyond the realm of the practical.

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicLook at this list as a point of departure.

That is to say, some of these were ready made, pret a porter, and others were tailored. Hence, the variety.
    Most I have, and I have around thirty, are actually tailored. Hence, no one is utterly the same as the other.

For orientation, here are Mr. Seventy Eight's tunic via Jenkins which is very typical of a tailored officers tunic.

Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

But these vary in detail, so I offer here no handy check list, which causes no small amount of mayhem with the truth.

What you will find in person is that this textile cannot be matched by the fakes.

And Trikotage varied greatly in quality.

Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

detail
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine ss – sd tunic   Allgemeine ss – sd tunic  

Allgemeine ss – sd tunic   Allgemeine ss – sd tunic  

Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine ss – sd tunic  Allgemeine ss – sd tunic  Allgemeine ss – sd tunic  Allgemeine ss – sd tunic 

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast