Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board

Article about: Good evening, I'm looking at maybe picking this up, but I can't find any good discussions on A-SS boards. I don't see any big flags, but I'm not the savviest with boards. Could I get some op

?

Default Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board

Good evening,

I'm looking at maybe picking this up, but I can't find any good discussions on A-SS boards. I don't see any big flags, but I'm not the savviest with boards. Could I get some opinions on this one please? Is there anything in particular I should be looking for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board   Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board  

Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board   Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board
    P
    Many

?

it's original !!!

?

Thank you. Were there differences in eras or did these pretty much remain unchanged throughout the years?

?

Been doing some research...I see that enlisted Allgemeine collar tabs were originally piped in white, then silver/black twist. Were these boards black and white in the pre-34 days, and then transition to silver/black, or were they always silver and black?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Been doing some research...I see that enlisted Allgemeine collar tabs were originally piped in white, then silver/black twist. Were these boards black and white in the pre-34 days, and then transition to silver/black, or were they always silver and black?
    Andrew Mollo 1991 Volume 1 , page 21 : May 1933 - Oct. 1934 ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board  
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board 

?

Thank you ...existed in white only for a year, must be very difficult to track those types down

?

I don't have a solo photo but here is a early one and some others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Shoulder Board  

?

Thanks for the side-by-sides. I am wanting to put together a few insignia displays, pre-33, early Third Reich, and later 30s...looks like I have some hunting to do. From what I have gathered, I will need a white/black, a cloth tagged, and a paper tagged to be in the right periods.

I did buy the one I posted above, which will make a good one for a GSSN insignia display I am also working on

The black and white are very hard to find.

?

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    The black and white are very hard to find.
    Oh yeah, I expect than ensemble to take a few years to piece together, at best