Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine-SS Sleeve Diamonds

Article about: Hello! I was wondering which career & trade sleeve diamonds were worn by members of the Allgemeine-SS? Did members of the Allgemeine-SS wear the same career insignia as their counterpart

Question Allgemeine-SS Sleeve Diamonds

Hello!
    I was wondering which career & trade sleeve diamonds were worn by members of the Allgemeine-SS? Did members of the Allgemeine-SS wear the same career insignia as their counterparts in the Waffen-SS? Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated, as I have been desperatley searching and have been unable to find a good source.

Many thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS Sleeve Diamonds
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Hear are some listed in Cloth Insignia of the SS
    , Auslands-Organisation (AO) , Medical Personnel , Dental , Pharmacist , Veterinary , SS Race and Settlement , Farrier , Ancestral Heritage , Bandmaster , Administrative services , Legal Service , Signals , Technical Training , Pioneer , Motorized transport , Mounted , SD , Cross Country Sports Drivers , Former SA , Former Kyffhauserbund , Former Reichskriegerbund , and Leader 87 Fuss Standarte (Edelweiss)
    Hope this helps , sorry I didn't use the German , it takes forever to write out . Welcome to the forum .

Allgemeine-SS Sleeve DiamondsDo find the Mollo book, numero I on line to answer your question. Messr. CBH has done so. The Rauten in the Waffen SS diverged quite a bit from the pre war
    Allgemeine SS. The Angolia book is so full of errors that I never cite it.

Rather than desperately search on line, where you are likely to go in large circles, invest in the jumbo Mollo volume which is widely and easily had
    in the used book realm. If you aspire to collect this regalia, which I seem to think you are doing, then you need these books.
    If you look for all the answers in the digital heap, you are really going to waste a lot of time, especially if you look other than on this site.
    Good luck. My colleague in Canada gave a fine answer. We have pictures of most of these things here, somewhere.

Allgemeine-SS Sleeve DiamondsI know it is clutched to the bosom of many, but it is full of mistakes.

Allgemeine-SS Sleeve DiamondsHe also had no business ethically using his rank to sell books. That is not what military rank is for, actually. His publisher should also have known better.

Allgemeine-SS Sleeve DiamondsAllgemeine-SS Sleeve DiamondsAllgemeine-SS Sleeve DiamondsOn the other hand, the dagger wizard Atwood and he are in the tradition of those persons who happened to be in West Germany in uniform in a certain period long ago, who engaged in the black market, and otherwise bought and sold rather than engaged in either the occupation or NATO forward defense.

Quote by MisterWarPigeon View Post
    I was wondering which career & trade sleeve diamonds were worn by members of the Allgemeine-SS? Did members of the Allgemeine-SS wear the same career insignia as their counterparts in the Waffen-SS? Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated, as I have been desperatley searching and have been unable to find a good source.
    Basically, what Friedrich-Berthold said. Try to get your hands on Mollo's work; it's essential for anybody who is serious about this.

But, to answer briefly: There were a number of sleeve diamonds that were worn in several branches of the SS, while others were unique to one branch only. It simply depended on what branch(es) the persons authorized to wear it were to be found.

A few totally random examples:

"Aesculapius Rod" sleeve diamond for medical officers = ASS & WSS
    "Edelweiß" sleeve diamond for certain units = ASS only
    "Crossed rifle & machine gun" diamond for armorers = WSS only

A few threads that could be of interest to you.

Delich Treasures, Rautet Eure Rauten! Rauten....
    A little help with a sleeve diamond please
    Odal rune raute...
    SS-TV sleeve diamond you dont see every day

CBH
    ?

I noted the source in my reply as I know it contains mistakes , but I figured it this area it would be relevant and close to correct .

Can't help with Allgemeine-SS material at this moment.
    All of this is "out of the house" for a longer period, to help a student in making his paper at school,
    about the SS in general, which includes also uniforms and insignia.

I do not quote from Angolia, nor Mollo, but just the actual stuff. Mr. d'Alquen surely can jump in
    with the Allgemeine-SS diamonds, if he has time to do so.

Have my colored plate from 1940 from the Waffen-SS available. So, if needed. Just "ring the bell"
    and I make scans. They are also mentioned in the "Deutsche Uniformen-Zeitschrift" from May 31,
    1943!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast