Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?

Article about: Hallo guys, I am waiting for pictures form a seller that has an Allgemeine SS uniform for sale. My problem with it: it has 2 shoulder boards. Were these even made ????? (ill post pictures as

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thanks for the additional information. As the Hauptreitschule was only founded in 1937, the absence of the sleeve diamond is instantly explained.

I wonder when the other photo (of that gentleman with what may well be horse drool on his shoulder) was taken.
    The wearing of the other ranks' white collar patch piping, the cuff title's "handwritten-style" script and the wear of the early Deutsches Reiter- und Fahrer-Abzeichen (which was only awarded from 1926 to 1929 and replaced by the separate riders' and drivers' badges in 1930) would tempt me to date it to no later than 1934... were it not for the cap eagle, which surely came about only in 1936.

Horse drool and foetid woolens all go together.
    damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

HPL brings up an interesting point about the insignia combination on the rider wearing the Oberabschnitte cuffband. The cap badges don't seem to fit with the early insignia. I am not sure when the Oberabschnitte titles for the SS-Reiterstuerme attached directly to the Oberabschnitte were discontinued but they no longer appear in the 1936 price list. Unfortunately the early organisation of both the cavalry and motorised units of the Allgmeine-SS is not quite as easy to follow as some of the other branches.
    The photo also gives the impression that it was taken at the same time as the one of Temme, but perhaps that's just the pose.

?

It looks to me as if both photos were taken in the same place judging only from the jumping horse images in the background of each and the similarity of the pose. The SS Reiter with the Oberabschnitte title has not updated his insignia only his cap. Thanks.

If the evidence of some twenty seven uniforms in my possession is any guide, I think that persons retained obsolete insignia despite further service. Such is also evident in the pandemonium in the official commentary
    in the RZM and SS orders.

Thanks for all the learned reflection.
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    If the evidence of some twenty seven uniforms in my possession is any guide, I think that persons retained obsolete insignia despite further service. Such is also evident in the pandemonium in the official commentary
    in the RZM and SS orders.
    A lesson you have taught well to those of us who read your posts. Thanks F-B. I just noticed the photo credits of the SS Reiter images is to none other than Mr. Delich. Thanks Wim and Mr. Delich for sharing your images.

Perhaps the most famous SS Horseman.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fegelein.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	838971

Thanks, dear colleague, for all your fine effort for the benefit of so many.
    damit, basta.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks, dear colleague, for all your fine effort for the benefit of so many.
    Thank you F-B for the nice sentiment I truly appreciate it.

Here we see a cousin of the Black Reiter ensemble. I cant remember where I saved the images from. Perhaps someone knows this tunic. Thanks.
    Name:  Reiter3.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  74.8 KBName:  Reiter2.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  65.7 KB

Superb Suedwest 2 tunic, really very nice.

Attached two famous rider, the complete calendar page and a very young SS rider plust a massive SS rider group.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fegelein Calendar page1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	839378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kind 1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	839379  

Name:	Mueller group1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	839380  

The Nordwest black tunic belongs or belonged to a high roller collector in the US midwest. Dave Delich showed me these pictures and I posted them here at some point.
    I would sorely like said tunic, to be sure.

Thanks to all who post such material. I cannot resist the observation that, in reality, Fegelein really was a monster, and his behavior at the end of the war garnered him his just deserts.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-15-2015 at 03:38 PM.
    damit, basta.

?

Here is an interesting image of Fegelein in white with an American Officer.
    Name:  ss_riding_school.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  37.5 KB

Another Allgemeine SS tunic with two shoulder boards. However I think the OP did not have anything like this in mind. I hope you like the images. Thanks.

Name:	pioner001.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	840133
    Last edited by jHAM; 05-17-2015 at 07:04 AM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast