Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you

Article about: Robert is a very fine man, whom I regard highly. I believe this is not a Verfuegungstruppe uniform, but from a member of the Allgemeine SS. The later species of tunic, from 1936/ 1937 ish on

?

As a bit of a learning exercise for some, the final four photos above highlight areas one can review to make a decision on authenticity or assess if the item has been tampered with in some way. Items, no matter how well they have been looked after, will exhibit some signs that betray their appearances and reveal true age.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you
    P
    Many

Wonderful things. Bravo. Thank you for the fine images and you have done wonderfully.
    How pleasant to admire nice things rather than engage in the Zimbardo Stanford County Jail experiment.
    When the time comes, and soon, then buy my collection, please.

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youAllgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with you
    Quote by DrCMH View Post
    As a bit of a learning exercise for some, the final four photos above highlight areas one can review to make a decision on authenticity or assess if the item has been tampered with in some way. Items, no matter how well they have been looked after, will exhibit some signs that betray their appearances and reveal true age.
    I salute you for being a judicious collector who resists the endemic hysteria of those who have no collection, and who damn anyone who has one.
    The purported ideal state of one of these things versus the reality causes much needless fuss. The remedy to this problem is to watch film
    of SS men in their black uniforms, running around behind Hitler's car, or otherwise alive in the years 1933-1939 in which they are not statues,
    or figures in a painting--but actual human beings, often in an urban or rural setting in which clothing gets damaged....or at least it gets used.
    For myself, I am happy to see actual signs of use. Happy collecting and thanks for sharing your things with us. There is so little real SS material
    in the firmament, so your collection is a true beam of bright light to many here.

?

Thank you, FB. I am dredging this thread up again and posting some authentic items with the hope that it will give others a nudge to possibly do the same. I know your patience has worn thin and I am thankful that you do still participate here. While our loss of Delich's faith in posting here is palpable, and please do wish him well for me, I fear your departure would be catastrophic. Thanks again for the knowledge and insight you share with us all.

?

More nice things...or not, I will leave it to the reader to decide.

Allgemeine SS-VT Tunic to share with youBravo. Always a great pleasure to see in all the rich detail. As concerns the human frictions produced by digital exchange, I shall remain silent here, since my recent posts contain my thoughts on this theme and I am tired of the issue. Happy collecting and much good fortune to you.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-05-2016 at 03:49 PM.

?

Good health and fortune to you as well.

?

Thanks for posting. Your collection room is starting to look like Doug B's War Room. I wish his collection thread hadn't been deleted, It was my favorite thread on either forum. I don't focus on SS but I do love seeing nice original items.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Thanks for posting. Your collection room is starting to look like Doug B's War Room. I wish his collection thread hadn't been deleted, It was my favorite thread on either forum. I don't focus on SS but I do love seeing nice original items.
    Thanks for your thanks. Doug's collection is as impressive as it is broad. As I understand it, Doug downsized and this is how his deaccession turned into my new accession. I limit my interest to the black service tunics and coats along with the peripherals.

We are happy that your collection continues to grow. You give these things a fine home.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast