Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Alter Kampfer Chevron

Article about: Hi Guys, Picked this one up today, no glow under UV,under magnification there appears to be white thread underneath the metallic thread & on close inspection you can see tiny metallic th

Default Alter Kampfer Chevron

Hi Guys,
    Picked this one up today, no glow under UV,under magnification there appears to be white thread underneath the metallic thread & on close inspection you can see tiny metallic threads on the outer edge of the black border. The weave & design of the metallic threads 'seems' the same design as other examples that I have seen, but I wouldn't say the threads are tightly knitted together, enabling me to see what looks like white thread underneath, possible red flag, wondered your thoughts wether this a fake or just a maker's variation ?
    Regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Alter Kampfer Chevron   Alter Kampfer Chevron  

Alter Kampfer Chevron   Alter Kampfer Chevron  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alter Kampfer Chevron
    P
    Many

on second thought it looks ok more opinions please.
    Last edited by Raymond270; 09-22-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Cheers Raymond, on close inspection the it seems to be delicately made the silver threads run through the 2 central black lines of thread (incidentally the black lines are 3 threads wide), the 'blocks' of wired thread are 4 threads in height, seems a lot of attention to detail. The only thing that really foxed me was the outer edges of the chevron, going from the black edge in, if you closely enough, it's not quite a mirror image of the inner edge of the chevron, other than that, overall the pattern of the weave seems identical to other chevrons I've seen on the forum.
    Regards
    Paul

PS. The mirror image detail I was describing above, is probably attributed to the 'slightly off white' thick thread/underneath which runs longways down the chevron arms. I make the count 4 up to the first black inner line, then 5 in between the 2 inner black lines, then 3 from the other black inner line to the edge. An issue or just a difference in production ?
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 09-22-2019 at 05:18 PM.

?

I think you have a good example. Here are a couple of mine from my collection for comparison.

Alter Kampfer Chevron Alter Kampfer Chevron
    Alter Kampfer Chevron

Note the inner and outer edges of the black border per your post above...quite the norm from what I’ve seen and own.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I think you have a good example. Here are a couple of mine from my collection for comparison.
    Note the inner and outer edges of the black border per your post above...quite the norm from what I’ve seen and own.
    Thank you for taking your time to reply to my post & to share your examples too. An exact match ! Very pleased with this badge, think I may have worn the eye loupes out this past couple of days ! Thank you too Raymond !
    Regards
    Paul