Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Andrew Mollo SS Tab

Article about: There is a person claiming this SS Tab came from Andrew Mollo's collection. The only reason I bring this to the members attention as I know some of you have been collecting a long time. And

Default Andrew Mollo SS Tab

There is a person claiming this SS Tab came from Andrew Mollo's collection.
    The only reason I bring this to the members attention as I know some of
    you have been collecting a long time. And would know his items.
    I think it would be very wrong to attach some ones names as such as
    Andrew's unless it was true. I will wait for your replies

Thank you Raymond

General SS Collar tab - Another Andrew Mollo piece obtained by Derek Chapman,? then me. Super rare ?M1? collar tab. Well marked with the appropriate cloth tag on the back. This piece shows little wear as most of Andrew Mollos? were quite good quality. This is an exceptionally rare piece. This is Officer grade with aluminium threading which is in excellent condition Issued to SS-Motor units. The number ?1? designated the area of operation. In this case ?SUD?. Because of the rarity and uniqueness it is priced appropriately.
    PRICE REDUCED !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Andrew Mollo SS Tab   Andrew Mollo SS Tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Andrew Mollo SS Tab
    P
    Many

Thanks. I sent this thread to David Delich. The tab itself seems quite authentic to me. I have no idea of the veracity of the claims.

As I noted, tall tales connected to these things are legion. The items is authentic or not based on its obvious qualities.

I will refrain from comments on the site where this item is or is not located.

Andrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS Tabfor instance. None of these is alu wire as they are the badges of other ranks etc.

- - ------- - -

These were at first white silk embroidery and then silver grey silk embroidery for other ranks.

Hi Raymond, the main thing is that it is original. Which it is.

I can ask the persons concerned to confirm the story if you are serious about buying it. If they choose to answer is another matter.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I think at that price I would rather have a mint SS bullion tab. I just saw the name Andrew Mollo so I just wanted to be sure this guy
    was not just using the name to sell his items.
    I sent him a e-mail asking him how did this tab come his way.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Raymond, the main thing is that it is original. Which it is.

I can ask the persons concerned to confirm the story if you are serious about buying it. If they choose to answer is another matter.

Cheers, Ade.

Adrian raises the very valid point of discretion in our world, whereby just because a dealer in the USA makes assertions about persons known to us, hardly means the
    assertion is at all true, nor are we enjoined to participate in this process, since it usually goes south. The burden of proof is on this dealer, whom I shall not name, and otherwise
    I refrain from characterizing in this space.

I am glad that Adrian thinks the piece to be original.

Former Mollo collection or not , a nice officers version Motorstandarte tab like this is quite rare .
    But do take care , there are some reproductions offered as original as well , like their M1/122 skull or Delta pennant .. ?!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Andrew Mollo SS Tab  

Andrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS TabAndrew Mollo SS Tab
    Quote by Winkelman View Post
    Former Mollo collection or not , a nice officers version Motorstandarte tab like this is quite rare .
    But do take care , there are some reproductions offered as original as well , like their M1/122 skull or Delta pennant .. ?!
    Well, yes, colleague, but I was restricting myself to the item itself and I avoided the context. Your observation is quite correct.

Happy new year. We have stated the pointed contained in Koehl that Himmler downgraded these special units in the Allgemeine SS
    as the SSVT and SSTV were built up, ergo their rarity. Better than the collar patch, is the collar patch with a complete tunic ex
    two world renowned collections.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-01-2016 at 04:44 PM.

The presence of the Delta International old howler does not speak well for the context....but I otherwise refrain from any more comments.
    I know this person's name, but have no dealings with him.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-01-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast