Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Another ebay rip off...

Article about: I came across this on ebay today, and they are trying to sell the tunic as original, with reproduction insignia. You can tell by the cut of the back, and no button type belt ramps, that it i

Default Another ebay rip off...

I came across this on ebay today, and they are trying to sell the tunic as original, with reproduction insignia.

You can tell by the cut of the back, and no button type belt ramps, that it is a fake.

It does has the salt/pepper sleeve lining.

ebay link;
    WW II GERMAN M34 ALLGEMEINE WOOL TUNIC. 100% ORIGINAL - eBay (item 150440780231 end time May-12-10 13:40:21 PDT)

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another ebay rip off...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another ebay rip off...

buy it now for $1500.....seems abit cheep that does. probably hopeing someone will come along and snap his arm off at that price and not realise what they bought

Yeah, i was so temped to do the 1500.00 for it, that is until i kicked myself in my head.

Whats really funny is that he said he used that for teaching others in his class, and he doesnt have a clue himself.

And if i was going to try and rip people off, i would at least try to use a tunic that was cut properly, meaning the back of it....

But of course, i would never rip people off like that, i have my principals, and scruples..

Brian

Complete with real repro insignia !!!

Regards, Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Complete with real repro insignia !!!

Regards, Steve.
    Yeah, thats really funny.

Brian

?

they made so much repro junk

Even though an occasional bargain is found on ebay, the vast majority of sellers are looking for someone with more money than knowledge and hoping to find two dupes for each auction (that is, if you rule out shill bidding). I hate to see anyone lose his hard earned money, but you can't ignore Darwin's teachings of survival of the fittest. He with the greatest knowledge, or greatest cunning, ends up with the most.

Bob Hritz

Thats why i like to see the front , and back of all WW2 German items, as soon as i saw the back, that it was way wrong, thats the biggest give-away, and for some people that would have been the only thing that made them knew it was bad.

When people say they wont show the back of certain items, because they are afraid of the fakers, will be able to start faking other items.

I have some news for these people that feel that way;

THE FAKERS THAT HAVE THE FUNDS TO MASS PRODUCE FAKE ITEMS, THEY ALSO HAVE THE MEANS TO BUY AUTHENTIC ITEMS, AND USE THOSE ITEMS TO MAKE THEIR FAKES, AND IF A PERSON OFFERS SOMEONE THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF MONEY, NO ONE IS GOING TO ASK " HEY ARE YOU BUYING THIS ITEM TO FAKE THEM " NO !!!!!!!!

By them NOT letting their fellow collectors see the front and back of items, they are hurting their fellow collectors the most.

AS not every single book out there is 100% spot on, thats why we have to buy multiple books to be able to spot the fakes...

Brian