Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?

Article about: Why is this fake. I was told because it has a C RZM tag and it is hand embroidered? It clearly is not hand embroidered? Here is another example for sale. The Collector's Guild

Default Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?

Why is this fake. I was told because it has a C RZM tag and it is hand embroidered? It clearly is not hand embroidered? Here is another example for sale.

The Collector's Guild
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?   Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?  

Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?
    P
    Many

There is nothing fake about your machine-woven flatwire eagle that I can see. The Guild has one that's identical here:

The Collector's Guild

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?  

?

If you are getting opinions that upset you then don't ask for them.

I am more than sure there are no guarantees that come with opinions offered.

There are other forums available if you are not happy here.

I used to trust as moderators you could stand behind opinions of being reproductions and state publicly as to why. Maybe this is the wrong forum for this format. I didn't ask for opinions. I was asked to remove all items I had for sale with very little explanation.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    If you are getting opinions that upset you then don't ask for them.
    how are we, as a collective society, to learn if we just go elsewhere and don't discuss?

Knowledge Not Shared Is Knowledge Lost : I Am Intrested In Hidden Knowledge Story & Experience

William Kramer

Any items which anyone is concerned about is ALWAYS brought up for discussion. This is how everyone is kept safe.

Having looked at this, it looks OK. If it was hand done, then there would have been a problem!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

here are photos of a FAKE, that is much different than Sam's original. I believe the reproduction is referred to as a round or rounded head copy, but don't quote me on that.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?   Another Item that was pointed out to be fake by modeartor?  

I do think that 1 person should take it on his self to declare a item a fake without discussion is a bit high handed.

If there is a problem with any item for sale the person who suspects it to be wrong should start a thread asking for opinions on its authenticity. If it is a mod asking said person to remove items without discussion then they are abusing their position. As adults we should all be able to accept constructed criticism. 😄

I seem to recall that not so long ago, certain esteemed members on this forum were suggesting no-one should pass comment on items posted on this website unless they actually knew what they were on about. As it was rightfully pointed out, wrong information could end up costing someone a lot of money. And now we hear of moderators? condemning genuine items as reproductions. Or at least that is the understanding I have reached in these posts!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast