Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another screwed up eBay auction...

Article about: What made me laugh was that whilst I was looking at the eBay posting, my wife, who knows sod all about WW2 German uniforms/kit........and cares even less, took one look at it and said "

Default Another screwed up eBay auction...

The sad thing is some moron will probably buy this set, thinking that they are getting a great deal.

I can buy, and assemble the complete listing for under 1000.00, may be i should just start putting this kind of stuff on eBay, and get rich this way...

A buy it now of $ 5999.00, this is some crazy shit....

Link;

Life Sized Waffen SS Uniformed Trooper Display - eBay (item 220657555882 end time Aug-30-10 12:16:52 PDT)

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another screwed up eBay auction...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another screwed up eBay auction...

No one who knows anything would touch this one, let alone click that 'confirm bid' button. That Chinese SS lid is a real howler.

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    No one who knows anything would touch this one, let alone click that 'confirm bid' button. That Chinese SS lid is a real howler.
    Its garbage like this that gives eBay a bad name, The thing is eBay will allow this to remain, while they have been know to cancel authentic TR period items.

Someone will buy this thinking they are getting a good deal.

Brian

Whoever this guy is, he's not too stupid. Notice he never said it was real, just "authentic",made from imported German wool. Let the buyer beware.........

LOL. "you would swear he walked in from the western front in 1941."

Yeah, if there was a "western front" in 1941. Maybe it was the Great Mannequin War which we all misssed somehow.

?

hit report .. fake

To be fair, the 'Item description' describes it as "brand new, unused condition" which shows he's not representing the uniform as WW2 manufacture although given, his wording is a little ambiguous. Furthermore the product listing is 'WW2, 1939-45, Military, Reproduction, Germany.'

So, if you read the minutae you won't get burned, if you can't be bothered, tough, it's your hard earned your throwing away.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Yeh but 5 large for a repro uniform is still a bit steep!!!

Roger that!!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Roger that!!
    Its a rip price wise, but as the saying goes fools and there money are easily parted.....read and research that s all it takes. over the years i have picked many a pearl from the dung of eBay.just takes a little knowledge and research something that many seem seem to neglect...cheers Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast