Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another SS Armband

Article about: Hello Everyone: So once upon a time on this forum we discussed the black stripes on these SS Armbands and it got quite out of control. But, being that was the only one we had seen, we couldn

Default Re: Another SS Armband

Arran, I believe you are right but I'm trying to confirm it with the rest of the collecting world. I've seen them marked with "7" more often then not. but nobody knows who is maker with the number "7"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another SS Armband
    P
    Many

Another SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandGranted the evidence in official publications as to variations and deviations of one sort of another as concerns the making of reglia in the epoch, such differences are hardly astonishing.
    Mr. Arran is a skilled student of this regalia.
    No one has deciphered the VA SS contract system, save for cap insignia where the normal RZM code is also present.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-03-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Quote by Arran View Post
    The bands with the horizontal stripes are original- I suspect they were a variation made by one particular maker...
    I was thinking the same thing. Might be the maker...

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Might be the maker...
    Another meaningless post from our 13 year old member. 451 posts of no substance at all!

I have never personally encountered this variant. That is not to say that I disagee with Aaran. If period original, they are likely early variants that do not conform to RZM control specifications.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Another meaningless post from our 13 year old member. 451 posts of no substance at all!

I have never personally encountered this variant. That is not to say that I disagee with Aaran. If period original, they are likely early variants that do not conform to RZM control specifications.
    Sometimes you just have to say what is needed! Thanks!
    I would think they would be early like you said, and maybe they used every bit of material they could get their hands on? Like the scraps at the end of cutting for the black rayon?
    Thanks
    Cody

One might profitably compare a range of NSDAP and such armbands for variations as a means of comparison, i.e. to broaden the base of relevant data.
    Bob Coleman has great experience in a variety of such regalia.
    In any case, I have never really owned such a variation, but few pieces of this material are really identical in the big box, McDonald's hamburger conception of consumer goods that reigns in this unhappy year 2012.
    Many collectors see SS regalia as a cosmos for itself, which it was not.
    I spend a fair amount of time in the study of early NSDAP caps, which set the pattern and line for SS caps in certain ways.
    Context is everything in the struggle with the evidence of the past. Another SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS ArmbandAnother SS Armband
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-04-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2