Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any Advice? SS Uniform and Cap

Article about: Hello to everyone! I have one more set here. I have the Opportunity to own. The Tunic Checks out, and so does the cap. I have been wrong before! The story behind this one is, the Tunic, Trou

Default Any Advice? SS Uniform and Cap

Hello to everyone! I have one more set here. I have the Opportunity to own. The Tunic Checks out, and so does the cap. I have been wrong before! The story behind this one is, the Tunic, Trousers, SD M42 Helmet, Overseas Cap, and Picture. All of it came from the same family in Germany. This set was purchased from the Family in the 80's. The Tunic has his name written in the Sleeve, also in the Helmet, and of course on the reverse of the photo. The Family took out the photo from the book and said it should go with the Uniform. These are the only photos I have for now, If there is anyone that could use more to help Authenticate, I will try to acquire more. One last thing The SS tab missing from the Tunic was removed. The tab was found in the top pocket of the tunic and has since been sewn back on. Thank you in advance for any help! Photos to come

- - Updated - -

Any Advice? SS Uniform and Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any Advice? SS Uniform and Cap
    P
    Many

Any Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and CapAny Advice? SS Uniform and Cap
    These are all of them. I can get more. Thanks in advance!

it all looks good to me,but no expert.

A little more info, What I understand is this Tunic was his second one, that was kept at home. He had gotten very sick and spent some time in the Hospital. And wore this uniform when he was well again. I compared the SS tabs from the photo to the uniform and they are different, they carry the same height, but the runes in the photo are sewn much more the front of the tab. I will try and get a photo of his helmet and the reverse of the photo.

?

Cap is fake including the insignia. I won't comment on the tunic as I don't have enough knowledge.

Everything is bad.

Save your money.

The tunic has been constructed from old wool, maybe a greatcoat.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

May I ask as to why you believe this? thanks

Look at the button holes, the overall wear (there should be areas with more or less wear) the stitching and the ink stamps and the cut to the lining.

See the SS helmet forum for detail on the round bottom fake decal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade is spot on with regards to the problems with the tunic. What we have here is a grouping of fakes with a fairy tale story to go with them.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast