Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

any of it a genuine SS cap?

Article about: This SS Cap was picked up in Tallin about 20 years ago. I never really looked closely at it. It's so odd. On one hand there are indications that it's not real at all. But there are other thi

?

Default any of it a genuine SS cap?

This SS Cap was picked up in Tallin about 20 years ago. I never really looked closely at it. It's so odd. On one hand there are indications that it's not real at all. But there are other things that make it clear that at least parts of it are genuine. The cap seems right for pre-1939 SS. I believe they changed to green-gray at some point. The eagle and the skull are heavy and appear correct, ie, length of wing tips and such. There are no RZM stamps on either, but that's not a deal breaker either. Supporting the idea that it's at least partially genuine are the SS RZM stamp in the head band and the SS-BW stamp near it. The slight SS-BW 1938 stamp on the well-worn band is real I believe. Piping seems OK, but the chord does not match anything I've seen, but the chord button seems right. A couple people claimed it was likely a film prop, but that seems silly. You don't need greasy stains and RZM stamps for that. So what do you see? Do you think any, part or none of it at all is real ad why? This would be really appreciated because the experts are here and there help is invaluable! Please any input would be wonderful. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture any of it a genuine SS cap?   any of it a genuine SS cap?  

any of it a genuine SS cap?   any of it a genuine SS cap?  

any of it a genuine SS cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any of it a genuine SS cap?
    P
    Many

Default Re: any of it a genuine SS cap?

Sorry, the whole cap is fake. No real parts to it.

Cheers, Ade.

Nothing is good on it.
    Look these originals...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture any of it a genuine SS cap?   any of it a genuine SS cap?  

?

OK guys thanks a lot. I appreciate as always the great input. It is always very helpful and educational and always helps when deciding on purchasing items or not. I am sure that this site has saved people millions of dollars on being ripped off. That's why it's good to donate when you've been helped out so much.

Thanks!