Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arm Band....What to look for ???

Article about: Looking at collecting some different armbands...... Is there a way to tell whether it's an authentic ss ? What other things will help determine whether they are authentic ? I looked at a few

Default Re: Arm Band....What to look for ???

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    Black liight or UV light test will tell you. Small handheld ones are sold at stamp collector shops.
    Unfortunately, the black light test has not been reliable now for a number of years. It works on older fakes. However, most fakes made in the last ten years have been chemically treated to remove the glow.

- - Updated - -

The best way to spot a fake is to study original examples as to material and construction used. The human brain will always trump the black light. Fakers always try to improve their wares but are never able to perfectly match the workmanship and the natural age.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Arm Band....What to look for ???

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Unless the armbands are very early, they all would have a RZM tag. Bill Shea of the Ruptured Duck has several examples presently on his website. Bill is an honest trustworthy dealer in this material.

Coulldn't agree more. If your scared of buying a fake ss armband, may I suggest buying from him. I'd still post it here for reinsurance of authenticity but I personal feel any mistake Bill would make would be extremely rare and more than likely not with such a common item. Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12