Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Austrian SS unit of what date?

Article about: One of our moderators posted this image. May I assume that this is an upper Austrian and or Tirolese SS man prior to the banishment of said entities via the Dolfuss regime in 1933 in either

Default Austrian SS unit of what date?

One of our moderators posted this image.

May I assume that this is an upper Austrian and or Tirolese SS man prior to the banishment of said entities via the Dolfuss regime in 1933 in either Tirol or Upper Austria or Salzburger Land, pp. Austrian SS unit of what date?or is this an image taken in the Altreich at a later date among illegal Austrian SS men in Bavarian garrison?

Thank you all for your erudition and collective effort.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian SS unit of what date?
    P
    Many

We have a nice picture album of the Austrian Legion types of the SS Sammelstelle and other refugees post the July 1934 Putsch which certain persons have shown here.
    These picture albums of SS men of the first hour are very compelling sources, indeed.

Here is the answer. I should dig deeper into the pile of things provided us by Wim and d'Alquen before I open my trap.Austrian SS unit of what date?

in another form.Austrian SS unit of what date?

The collar patch in the picture was for the 37th Sta., probably 1934. What is interesting is that the badge in the picture is likely stamped metal. When the SS-Sammelstelle applied for new collar insignia in September 1935 the prototype versions they were sent from the SS-Hauptamt bore little resemblance to an Edelweiss so the Sammelstelle sent back an example of the 37th collar patch which was described as 'gestanztes Metall auf dem Kragenspiegel'.

Sir, thanks so much. The badge does indeed look like the stamped metal variant, as you say. Many thanks for your close reading of all the files so that the results
    are manifest here. Onward to more arcane things!

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    'gestanztes Metall auf dem Kragenspiegel'.
    Wonder how this Edelweiss may have looked! Can someone show an image
    or drawing from this item?

?

The TK's on their hats are interesting as well being 2nd types...

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    The TK's on their hats are interesting as well being 2nd types...
    yes, indeed. I had not noticed that in my haste. Mr. d'Alquen dated the picture well, where I thought the thing earlier and elsewhere.
    The Austrian man must be with his chums in Germany.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    yes, indeed. I had not noticed that in my haste. Mr. d'Alquen dated the picture well, where I thought the thing earlier and elsewhere.
    The Austrian man must be with his chums in Germany.
    I understand but wouldn't he have small differences in his uniform and hat exempt of the collartab off course?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast