Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Beautiful SS Armband

Article about: Just thought I would show the nice SS armband I recently aquired. It's a nice earlier cloth RZM tag example.

Default Beautiful SS Armband

Just thought I would show the nice SS armband I recently aquired. It's a nice earlier cloth RZM tag example.
    Beautiful SS ArmbandBeautiful SS ArmbandBeautiful SS Armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beautiful SS Armband
    P
    Many

Very nice example made in 1936.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Very nice piece. A pity the moths were hungry that day.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

A nice example, well done.

The Kampfbinde catches the eye and, visually, leaps toward the viewer when attached to the black service tunic. It is well researched regarding the Nazis use of symbols and ceremony to attract followers and to influence the masses.

In Mein Kampf, Hitler wrote "In red we see the social idea of the movement, in white the Nationalist idea, and in the swastika the vision of the struggle for the victory of the Aryan man.”

A symbol used by many civilizations to represent good fortune but forever perverted in the western world by its use during the Third Reich.

JMM
    ?

Very nice armband in spite of the moth activity in the back side.
    Well done!

?

The little cloth VA SS or Beschaffungsamt tags are always pleasing to find on the textiles. They also proffer further riddles as one encounters all these different little tags. I have seen these small tags on tunics that match the Kampfbinde to the RZM Dienstrock label, though I currently do not own an example. There exist the RZM tomes that offer a directory to various types of manufacturers, however, with the recycling of license numbers, the revocation of such numbers (examples of such have been observed in the copies of the UM), and the overall apparent complexity of the system, distinguishing between an RZM license number or the VA SS/SS Beschaffungsamt contract system is something I have trouble explaining. FB and d'alquen have brought the subject up on this forum before but it is a topic that I still don't have a strong grasp of.

Regardless, a wonderful example you posted and I feel the mothing here has a certain poetic irony.

?

VA SS, RZM, Or both?

Beautiful SS Armband

Beautiful SS Armband

Beautiful SS Armband

Beautiful SS ArmbandBeautiful SS ArmbandHere is a pleasing image of the patina on collar patches, one seldom sees such patina, but there you are.