Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Belgian Reitz made woven SS cap eagles

Article about: We know that insignia was made outside of the German borders. I have not seen this pattern before, but would love to test the threads and see what composition they are made from. I would not

Default re: Belgian Reitz made woven SS cap eagles

We know that insignia was made outside of the German borders. I have not seen this pattern before, but would love to test the threads and see what composition they are made from.

I would not write off anything until we discover if the materials are correct, for the period.

Sadly, most variants are very difficult to sell because of the lack of knowledge. There are ways to determine if the materials are all those used pre-1945.

Only a few years ago, it was impossible to sell any of the standard 'Reitz' insignia, outside of Belgium. Now we know they are authentic and they have become desireable. Perhaps these are another Belgium or non-Getman maker. It is also possible they are post-war.

Bob Hritz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belgian Reitz made woven SS cap eagles
    P
    Many

?

The same about Estonian and Latvian made insignia. I've bought that eagles for a cheap price approx 10 y ago , if I'am right 35 eur each. The is newer selling fakes, and his most part of business is insignia. The black base is very nice and looks like on the original German made items, but a silver thread is strange and a made of some kind of plastic like material (as a fisher's net)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I don't know if thise can be of any help but those, cap and uniforme labels have "probably" been made on the same machine with the same materials...
    !!??....so I have been told ...!!??
    Those labels where made to be put on allied troops uniforms, as soon Antwerp was liberated.
    Indian Caps made quiet some German metal insigna's and belt buckels during the war and was a buiseness partner of the Reitz factory in Merksem.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belgian Reitz made woven SS cap eagles   Belgian Reitz made woven SS cap eagles  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2