Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Article about: I appreciate this thread as well, i have recently been attempting to track down some Totenkopf items and this well help me lots. I know about black-light but how do I tell with the burn test

?

Hello,
    What a great and useful thread.

Jody

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake
    P
    Many

I thought that I would bump up my old thread with the addition of these pics of this Theodore Eicke cuff title. It has been artificially aged.

Once again, this is a fake. Note the edging to the reverse of the weave. Not a series of dots as it should be. The top line is even completely different to the lower line.

While the front of this fake title does exhibit a "semi saw tooth edge" to the edge band, the weave to the lettering is wrong.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake   "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fakemy small contribution

i think , that s an true original.... not in good condition but.. a veteran put it after the war in a collector items book...

thank you for yours feedbacks :-)

fabrice

Hello all,

I was sent some awful photos and I just can't make up my mind. May I PLEASE have some additional feedback on this one?

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake   "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake   "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  

Attached Images Attached Images "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake 

Hi William, the photos are dreadful to try and pick out the details I describe in the article.

However, there is one aspect which condemns this one as fake with ease. Note the "crossbar" to the letter "H" which connects the two upright parts of the letter together. On the fake it is central, as on here. All original have the crossguard located higher.

Compare to my original shown below.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi William, the photos are dreadful to try and pick out the details I describe in the article.

However, there is one aspect which condemns this one as fake with ease. Note the "crossbar" to the letter "H" which connects the two upright parts of the letter together. On the fake it is central, as on here. All original have the crossguard located higher.

Compare to my original shown below.

Cheers, Ade.
    thank you so much for your help, that takes care of everything I needed to know!

William Kramer

Those are some tricky pictures indeed - hard to believe they were made this way accidentally ..

My thoughts exactly...

Okay Ade, very good but many of these cuffbands are sewn onto tunics so you need a lesson on what to look for on the fronts, unless I missed that? Many times the back will be an instant --- no good --- but what if it's sewn onto a tunic? Now what do you look for?

Willi

Hi Willi, look for the "saw tooth edge" to the weave of the edging bands. Sometimes this is lacking but other times not. Check the smooth feel of rayon as opposed to the rougher feel of polyester. In many cases the fonts will be different to originals. You need to compare them.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast