Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle

Article about: Hello can you give me,please,yours opinions about this eagle? good one or fake? thanks!

Default re: BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle

I will get a photo of it this evening

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle

Here you go Sid

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

looks similar..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle  

It looks indeed similar, only that the one on the book is somewhat "fatter", or is It the picture?
    I still think that this can't be Original to my eyes.

- - Updated - -

Thanks Nick.

+1 ook the eye and the beak.(enlarge the picture please)

?

Here is my Belgian tunic removed sleeve eagle.

I think Mark's comments in the book are about the eagle on the LEFT of that page .
    The eagle on the right , and the one that started this thread , are reproductions for sure . I must admit the layout of that page is not very clear .
    Below another picture of that leftside eagle ( Belgian or not ) that IMHO is original - please compare e.g. the feet to the weird " spikes " on the repro .
    The other original ( 1x German , 2x Belgian ) eagles thrown into this thread are of a totally different design ..

I agree that the eagle that started this thread is a dud.
    I also agree that the eagle posted by Winkelman is original but in the book both of the eagles appear on a page which is headed "Bevo- like eagles of disputed originality" which to me means that the writer is unsure about these eagles because he has never been able to obtain one direct from a vet.
    As the premise of the book (to me) was to show the insignia together with background info from the soldiers' who captured them and because the writer has not been able to substantiate this from such a source, he, (M.Bando) has listed them as basically "not proven".
    I do not have a problem with the fact that he has done this on the basis that he has obviously tried to substantiate the insignia that is in the book and has provided "Fake Alert" notices too, to assist.

Thanks for clearing that up guys It makes sense

Nick

Hi guys! You all seem rather in the know on these items!
    I have posted this eagle before but I still have my doubts.
    The thread is not twisted on the back. The beak seems deformed.
    Anyways comments are appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle   BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle  

BeVo Waffen SS sleeve eagle  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast