Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Black Alter Art Cap

Article about: Gentlemen, what's your thoughts about this cap currently for sale from regimentals in England? http://www.regimentals.co.uk/shop/vi...h=41706&phqu=5 A quick search on google came up with

Default Re: Black Alter Art Cap

Sweatband my friend.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Alter Art Cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Ok, my fault and I apologise. The second cap is a Luftwaffe visor not a black ss cap. However, I still don't see why you have a problem with ersatz leather bands on any era of German caps? It's a misstake to think that substitute materials were only used late on in the second world war.

Here's a 1920's/30's era cap with a "presstoff" band for example.
    By presstoff I mean the pressed paper coated with cream color. The cap you show- is artificial leather, but not presstoff, it's construction contain oilcloth or something like that
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I know what you mean. I'm just not that familar with the word "presstoff".

This is presstoff right?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Alter Art Cap  

?

Dimas, is there a problem with the forum? I can't access my pm's and some threads, keep getting database errors.

Ersatz sweat bands were used in the First World War in caps.

I prefer this cap I attach here to the one with the Vienna maker.

The SS was outlawed in Austria in 1933 as a terrorist organization.

This cap would have had to have been made prior to said date in mid 1933 and then somehow survived the underground years of the illegal Austrian NSDAP and SS....such was not impossible, if the person went to Germany (...but there he would have had access to more up to date regalia...)

Early black caps frequently have leather sweat bands, but not always in my own experience of them.

It is a mistake to think that Ersatz materials are a function of the years 1939-1945, or 1942-1945. Far from it, indeed and someone who subscribes to such a blinkered idea does not know much about regalia or the impact of the chemical industry on the apparel market or the need in the textiles sector to adhere to thrift and what not.

I do not think the cap that Ben posted is authentic. It is a species of fake early SS officer cap that one sees frequently on European websites.

The officer corps of the SS prior to about mid 1933 when the SS was outlawed in Austria was about 3500 men.

The cap I attach here is of said era, from one of these 3500 men, a Becker from Braunschweig in the 49 Standarte.

The first cap is not.

This extraordinary and authentic Mueller cap from 1935/6 has a Pressstoff sweatband, as do many Mueller extra wear caps, actually.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black Alter Art Cap 

The first cap I included here has a buckram cap frame, similar to Heeres Feldmuetzen alte Art.

Dimas, is there a problem with the forum? I can't access my pm's and some threads, keep getting database errors.
    I have the same problem...

another authentic early black officer's cap in Canada.....congratulations to the owner and hurrah for his discerning taste.

this is another early cap that recently changed hands....I never cease to be amazed that these things have survived in such numbers versus the Kammerexemplare of the last generation that were, in fact, never issued.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast