Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Corduroy tunics

Article about: Hello I was doing some surfing the other nigh and i ran into an allgemeine black tunic made out of corduroy on Ulric of englands site. Like everything on his site, the pictures and info left

?

Default Black Corduroy tunics

Hello

I was doing some surfing the other nigh and i ran into an allgemeine black tunic made out of corduroy on Ulric of englands site. Like everything on his site, the pictures and info left a lot to be desired. Does anybody have any deeper insight into this oddity?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Corduroy tunics
    P
    Many

Pictures would help a lot. There are some very early SA tunics made from this fabric so I guess it is possible an early SS example also existed. Does the tunic bear any unit insignia?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

His book with said Dienstrock does not go into much further detail, and it certainly does not cite period references pertaining to the use and discontinuation of corduroy, which he suggests was gradually phased out and ultimately absent in the late 1930s (I am assuming he was referring to price lists, but, this is an assumption on my part). We have had a few brief discussions in various threads on this forum and the price lists are what I believe have been referred to regarding when this material was no longer offered. What we can state for certain is that the material was indeed used for tunics and most certainly for Hosen, of which I have a pair of Stiefelhosen in this material. It is thick and hard-wearing.

The experts are in a position to offer a far better explanation than I and, likely, with supporting documents.

Black Corduroy tunics

Black Corduroy tunics

Black Corduroy tunics

?

Photographic evidence of a corduroy Schwarz Dienstrock in wear:

Black Corduroy tunics
    Source: Klaus Butschek Antiques

Black Corduroy tunicsFor my friends Bob Coleman and Dr. CMH.

This item is from the year 1935.

?

Perfect example of the weave with the nomenclature "Reitcord". Thank you FB, my photos are lousy as far as detail.

Best,

CMH

Here you can see an early Stiefelhose in corduroy. No stamps or tags.

Stefan

Black Corduroy tunics

Sorry to intrude gents... Eisenschwein have you posted that CH SS dagger in the SS Dagger forum ?....would like to see it if you had not already done so.

Sorry for the interruption. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry,

I posted the dagger in the dagger forum some time ago.

regards

Stefan

CBH
    ?

That's some nice " Junk in the trunk " you've got there Stefan .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast