Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

black peaked caps.

Article about: as noted.

Default black peaked caps.

as noted. black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.

- - ------- - -

no one is like the other.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black peaked caps.
    P
    Many

FB, this is probably a silly question you've answered a dozen times, but I hope you'll humor me. How did the SS officers that used Heer and other non SS type eagles on their caps get away with it? It seems so odd that an organization like the SS would be lackadaisical about uniform details. Do we know anything about this, or must we just accept that some people got away with it?

Quote by avenger View Post
    FB, this is probably a silly question you've answered a dozen times, but I hope you'll humor me. How did the SS officers that used Heer and other non SS type eagles on their caps get away with it? It seems so odd that an organization like the SS would be lackadaisical about uniform details. Do we know anything about this, or must we just accept that some people got away with it?
    My able colleague Andreas will better answer this query than I.

- - ------- - -

black peaked caps.This is an SA badge on this cap, in fact.

- - ------- - -

also, please consult this thread.

SS officer must change his cap eagle if he wants to sell his cap to collectors.

black peaked caps.This article from Uniformenmarkt ca. 1937 or so actually sums it all up very clearly. Wearers of uniform adapted the uniform
    in willful and eccentric ways that violated the norms.

We have gone into this issue hundreds of times, actually, whereby the simple answer is the truth of the SS is not gotten at with History Channel documentaries
    and extrapolating some exterior experience to the past. In fact, the SS actually had too many rules, and hectically changed its uniforms in a dizzying pace,
    and contemporaries had great trouble getting it right. I have included hundreds of documents to this effect, and the most recent, very interesting scholarship
    on the SS also makes clear that, despite Himmler's episodes of big talk, he did not follow his own rules, either.....

This recent book makes my point in hundred of pages of detail.

Elite für Volk und Führer?: Die Allgemeine SS und ihre Mitglieder 1925-1945 Quellen und Darstellungen zur Zeitgeschichte, Band 92: Amazon.de: Bastian Hein: Bücher

You may not be comfortable with these facts, but they are historical facts of the first order which do not jibe with much of the image of the past promoted by certain collectors and people interested in this topic.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...e-worn-146333/

That is fascinating stuff FB. Thank you for posting the links. I will certainly be looking through these tonight, as this detail has puzzled me of late. I guess I'm still new enough to the collecting field to not have any advance opinions on this topic. It seems more an oddity to me than something I would have made too many assumptions about yet.

I had seen the thread "don't tell me they wouldn't have worn it" a while back, but the more recent thread has somehow escaped my notice.

Quote by avenger View Post
    That is fascinating stuff FB. Thank you for posting the links. I will certainly be looking through these tonight, as this detail has puzzled me of late. I guess I'm still new enough to the collecting field to not have any advance opinions on this topic. It seems more an oddity to me than something I would have made too many assumptions about yet.

I had seen the thread "don't tell me they wouldn't have worn it", but the more recent thread has somehow escaped my notice.
    A sign of our own lack of freedom in this increasingly desperate and sad time is to fail to recognize the shape and character of the lives of people in another time,
    in which, despite whatever appears to be to the contrary, they might have had more freedom than you and I.

black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.black peaked caps.You may look at his face, but the effort to understand how he thought and what he saw and how he made his choices is a far more subtle task.

- - ------- - -

One thing is utterly certain: they lived in a world different from yours today, especially as concerns material things.

My brother served two terms in the US Army in Iraq. I suspect there are even violations of uniform code that go unnoticed in the modern US Army, but my understanding of military uniform code comes form some experience via his service and those we know through him. I've observed our soldiers are rather particular about their uniforms and have sharp eyes for any violations or misplacement. There is little doubt biases are formed from such experiences, which may contribute to an assumption that any military would have similar disciplines. Evidently, that assumption would be wrong.

As collecting goes though, I'm not sure if this complicates or simplifies things!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast