Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black raincoat in wear

Article about: Here is an image of the black SS rain coat, apparently of some SS Mann in the Polish campaign engaged in ethnic cleansing. I doubt anyone in this picture, including the SS fellow, made it to

Default Black raincoat in wear

Here is an image of the black SS rain coat, apparently of some SS Mann in the Polish campaign engaged in ethnic cleansing. I doubt anyone in this picture, including the SS fellow, made it to May 1945 intact.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black raincoat in wear 
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-29-2008 at 06:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black raincoat in wear
    P
    Many

Default Re: Black raincoat in wear

I cannot recall seeing one of these before? Was this an optional item?

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you. It is shown in the Organisationsbuch. I cannot recall if it is in the price list. Our friend from Toronto would know.

The raincoat was supposed to have been included in the SS pricelist as item 44, but neither the 1938 nor 1939 lists mention it.
    I do have a copy of the original order introducing it in 1937 if it is of any interest.
    D.

Dear Colleague, thank you for posting this order, if it is not too much trouble. Do you think this man is wearing a regulation rain coat? I had thought you had posted an image of this kind somewhere else, some time else? The raincoat is also depicted in the Orgbuch, is it not?

Thanks for the intervention.

Has you seen these Ullstein and Bildarchiv preus. Kulturbesitz images? Thanks again for joining our little heap. FBA

Here is the order. As you can see from the description it calls for a cloth collar, which confirms the man in the photo is wearing a regulation item.
    I don't recall the image you refer to, but one of the difficulties of net information is the ease with which it seems to disappear from view, not to mention memory. I do have several shots of this item which I will search out.
    I do know many of the images at those sites. They are an excellent source of period documentation and are a real luxury compared to the early days of collecting when pictures were hard to come by.
    D.

Dear Colleague, thanks for this. A wonderful document. Very interesting that there was also an extra charge for the use of rubber, which was likely a result of the Four Year Plan. The details are very interesting as regards SS procurement. Also notice this is a Bavarian firm.

I also note that this order announced the introduction of the silk topped peaked cap for officers, one of my favorite items of wear.

Many thanks, indeed, and once more, thanks for your signal contribution to our collective effort.

FB Auerbach

Thank you very much for this info. A very informative thread Gentlemen.

Cheers, Ade.

This portrait of Oskar Drexler shows the cloth collar material that allowed the addition of rank piping and collar patches.
    As only a right epaulette was supposed to have been worn with this coat I'm at a loss to explain what appears to be a button for a left shoulder board.
    D.

Thanks to colleague d'Alquen for the informative material. Your resources are the foundation of our further learning with this interesting and complicated material. Many warm thanks, indeed. FBA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast