Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)

Article about: This nice piece has apparently traded hands recently and is now on its way to or now resides within a collection in South America. We congratulate the new owner and acknowledge his fine tast

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)As we have already written, this is an authentic piece. When or how the badges were affixed is not clear from your picture.
    Here is the RZM specification for this item, as concerns its tailoring.

- - ------- - -

Notice the terms Wattierung und Watte.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    P
    Many

?

Thank you F-B for these additional information.
    As I don' t understand German, I assume Your last last words are related to the textile question I asked, the interlaced fabric behind the wool.Is that correct?

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    Quote by jose View Post
    Thank you F-B for these additional information.
    As I don' t understand German, I assume Your last last words are related to the textile question I asked, the interlaced fabric behind the wool.Is that correct?
    yes, that is the watting, which is linen and horse hair.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)I included a detailed description in all parts and all details of how the jacket is tailored.

This is from the RZM circulars, ca. 1938, and it is courtesy of our great Wim Saris.

A coat of earlier make, i.e. 1934 or so, would vary in details.....

We have other tailoring specifications of these jackets elsewhere.....

I cannot tell when your collar patches were attached, and, frankly, stop worrying about it. If you do so more in public,
    you will only harm the value of the thing if you want to sell it at some point.

It is an authentic piece. It needs a cuff title.

?

Thank you for the nice extra images. Your item is very nice and quite authentic. Treasure it in your collection and take good care of it. It would look even better displayed with a cap but be careful, these things are addictive and once you buy one it turns into more.

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)I own several of these things.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-15-2016 at 10:57 PM.

The other piece is that a well known Washington DC USA dealer snagged dozens or hundreds of these in the Czechia/Barrandov and or Lenflim/Mosfilm treasure troves.

Such items are frequently found.

?

This is quite true...add to that the various clothing drives for the war effort and it is rather amazing that anything survived to this point. Many a tunic lay undisturbed for decades after their owners died in the field, preserved by the families. With our veterans passing away at a (sadly) even greater rate, we may just see more such gems come on to the market. Certainly, there are many unique items yet to be discovered!

As far as anecdotal evidence goes, many of my German relatives cannot recall seeing too many black uniformed A-SS men during the war..indeed, I was told by my mother that to be seen wearing the black tunic was tantamount to an admission of not being fit for war duties. She can only recall the older men, or those declared unfit for service wearing them.

Her brother (my uncle) was able to preserve his SA tunic/ensemble and his army Waffenrock, but that was purely by luck. They were not stored at home when he was taken prisoner during the Italian campaign. First came the official notice of his capture, the second visit brought representatives from WHW to collect any spare uniforms!! They didn't waste time, did they?

She recalls going to market in the early days of the second year of the war, and witnessing the SA sponsored clothing reclamation drive for New Year...heaps of political tunics of every organization you can think of, massed into great piles to be macerated for much needed army uniforms etc.

Quote by Kursk View Post
    .. Her brother (my uncle) was able to preserve his SA tunic/ensemble and his army Waffenrock, but that was purely by luck. They were not stored at home when he was taken prisoner during the Italian campaign. First came the official notice of his capture, the second visit brought representatives from WHW to collect any spare uniforms!! They didn't waste time, did they?

She recalls going to market in the early days of the second year of the war, and witnessing the SA sponsored clothing reclamation drive for New Year...heaps of political tunics of every organization you can think of, massed into great piles to be macerated for much needed army uniforms etc.
    Thank you for sharing this story - I never heard of this kind of " reclamation " before ( apart from black tunics for the Germanic SS / Schuma in occupied countries ) , but it would have made perfect sense at the time to reuse all " leftover " uniforms still hanging in closets ..

You need this cuff title to complete your Montur.

Allgemeine-SS Cuff Title for Standarte "11" with Both SS RZM Tags

- - ------- - -

It is not for Sta. 11, but for the 11 Sturm.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast