Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)

Article about: This nice piece has apparently traded hands recently and is now on its way to or now resides within a collection in South America. We congratulate the new owner and acknowledge his fine tast

?

Default Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)

This nice piece has apparently traded hands recently and is now on its way to or now resides within a collection in South America. We congratulate the new owner and acknowledge his fine taste. It is always nice to see rare and genuine items.
    The photos come from the other forum and are posted by member "mat".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)
    P
    Many

I am fairly certain this is redecorated. Out of real parts, mind you.

I'm not quite sure where the attribution to the 87th came from when the name tag would indicate that the original owner was a member of the 76th foot regiment headquartered in Salzburg.

?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I'm not quite sure where the attribution to the 87th came from when the name tag would indicate that the original owner was a member of the 76th foot regiment headquartered in Salzburg.
    Forgive me, it was a generalized description of the overall outward appearance of the item and it was a sloppy interpretation. It is plain as day that the handwritten tag is at odds with my title of this thread. As I understand it, were the tunic to match the owners tag, there would be a collar tab denoting the Standarte as "76" in Arabic numerals and an edelweiss sleeve diamond would be affixed.

I really have no explanation for the discrepancy, it could be this Walchhofer was transferred between regiments, or not, I just don't know. I have a tunic with a man's name and Standarte listed on the tag inside, however, the records show him being transferred several times between regiments and the VT. It is more likely that the item is redecorated as FB suggests and I do seem to see several items appearing lately in just such a state.

Either way, it seems like a nice tunic made up of genuine parts and I thought a look at it here was with some merit for members.

Regards,

CMH

Bruce Burnham found a stripped or somewhat stripped black tunic in Chicago, which my memory serves, had this name tag.
    I cannot find the images.

It is of no account.

The ideal is an intact piece. The reality is that these things were stripped in order to save them.

?

I am pretty sure I have images of the collar tab sans tunic. I shall look for them.

Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)Black Service Tunic for Foot Regiment 87 (Innsbruck)I will post images later, as I find them.

A redecorated tunic is ok by me. It just cannot fetch the price of an intact piece.
    A lot of things got denazified. Young people do not understand the process.

CBH
    ?

I guess young people can't image a time when a black tunic with insignia might get you dragged into the streets and shot . I can picture it quite well myself . Keep up the great work .

I have known many who described in clear detail how they destroyed these items as quickly as possible when the time was nigh.
    To imagine that such a thing was revered by Germans as a fetish object in 1946 is to misunderstand the past.

CBH
    ?

When the jig is up and the last shot is being fired , no-one whats the shot into the back of their head . This politically correct generations with their Sesame St. world view can't grasp the realities and horrors man so easily descend too in a time of total war .

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast