Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Black SS breeches- some

Article about: Greetings. If anyone could provide considered opinion on these Black SS breeches, I would very much like to hear and appreciate your time. Possibly owing to their unglorious station in life

Default Black SS breeches- some

Greetings. If anyone could provide considered opinion on these Black SS breeches, I would very much like to hear and appreciate your time.
    Possibly owing to their unglorious station in life or lack of interesting insignia, they are something I have mostly overlooked. They are called "wool diagonal cloth". Is that dealer-speak for tricot? Did materials usually match that of the tunic, purchased as an inseparable set, as a suit is? Apologies for such a basic question and my consideration of items in isolation but i do not recall seeing a matching set of (black SS) tunic and breeches.
    Thanks and regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS breeches- some   Black SS breeches- some  

Black SS breeches- some   Black SS breeches- some  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS breeches- some
    P
    Many

Default Re: Black SS breeches- some

These are Trikot. Whether they are truly SS is another issue, but they are nice and surely fit your uniforms.

Breeches came in at least two weights of Trikot, if not more.....yes, the breeches tend to match the tunic, at least in a tailored uniform.

Black SS breeches- someThere was a special heavy weight riding breeches Trikot, and others, in their number.......SS Trikot is so marked on the the bolts of cloth, or the breeches can have an RZM tag.....or not.....and on and on....
    The key in my mind is the quality of tailoring of breeches, as there were specialty firms that made these, too. These look ok.
    I am a textile nut, but most others have no idea of the proper terms.

Sincere thanks F.B. for your input and considerations. I suppose dealers will always sell an item as SS if given the choice and opportunity; and impossibilty to prove otherwise.
    As you have suggested on a similar topic previously:
    "Your breeches there could be from a variety of III. Reich organizations, to include the SS. Without the tags and stamps, one has difficulty knowing for sure."
    I would assume that a considerable price difference must exist for such items that have a (genuine) RZM tag and SS stampings to differentiate them from the other possibilities.
    Your deep interest in textiles benefits us all. Some of us ignore these basic foundations at our own peril. Where insignia and buttons are not present we must rely on the qualities of the fabric and stitching to discern. As most surviving black SS tunics have been stripped of their insignia, what else have we to rely upon? regards, Paul

Black SS breeches- someVarieties of army textiles, but of merit for others as well.

Thanks again F.B. This really gives me something to run with. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (remember them?), your generosity in assisting novice collectors and sharing your philosophies and hard-earned experience is a boon for us all.
    Recently I started reading threads under "SS Uniforms and insignia" from oldest to most recent. Some meritorius collectors and authors have come and gone. Thanks especially to you (and Adrian and Bob) for sticking around to put up with the new generation of collectors puzzling over the same questions of woolens of ever-increasing fetidness. There is more than enough material for a very interesting published volume or three. Regards, paul

Black SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- some
    Quote by backtothefront View Post
    Thanks again F.B. This really gives me something to run with. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (remember them?), your generosity in assisting novice collectors and sharing your philosophies and hard-earned experience is a boon for us all.
    Recently I started reading threads under "SS Uniforms and insignia" from oldest to most recent. Some meritorius collectors and authors have come and gone. Thanks especially to you (and Adrian and Bob) for sticking around to put up with the new generation of collectors puzzling over the same questions of woolens of ever-increasing fetidness. There is more than enough material for a very interesting published volume or three. Regards, paul
    Thank you. All thanks accrue to Adrian and Bob who allow me to hector persons here. Good luck with your collecting. I suppose that the material could be organized. It is highly repetitive. I have written the same thing many times, but as I tell my students, there is merit in hearing the same thing twice.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-04-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Black SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someBlack SS breeches- someHere is the stamp, Plaettesiegel, as found on bolts of Trikotage. That is, the maker's mark, which was actually forbidden, and the RZM mark...These are not my breeches. I may own this stamp somewhere in the heap and have never found it.

Black SS breeches- some Issued breeches ca. 1935/6

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast