Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

black SS caps in the firmament

Article about: The Mona Lisa smile of the racial elite.

Default Re: black SS caps in the firmament

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks for the pic of "Jugend um Hitler". I have a copy of this, sans dustcover and I had not seen the dustcover before until now.

Cheers, Ade.
    We aim to please. The work had another paper back cover, as well as various hard back editions.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-20-2013 at 04:09 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS caps in the firmament
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Ben has great skills as an artisan. I believe fully in stabilizing and caring for these things. They do biodegrade otherwise, especially because collectors also put huge pressure on them in search of RZM tags, and such.
    This strange creature popped up on another site today . . . along with an equally crptic message, that even included an email address, and a phone number to go along . . .

I often thought it would be a worthy venture some day, for a group of fellow enthusiasts, to join together, purchase a round-trip ticket, put Ben up in a hotel for a few days, and give him a table at one of the big shows. For all the contributing members that foot the bill, each would get in return all of Ben's talents in repairs. Between the repairs, Ben would get a chance to view the spectacle of a show in the US . . . and by the time of shows end, Ben will have acquired an invaluable amount of additional advertisement, as well as pleased all of his benefactors - debt paid in full.

Call it a crazy idea . . . but I think it could be real winner for all - sure beats the thought of Ben's talents not being put fully to best use, sitting around sewing "cupcakes" all day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS caps in the firmament  
    Attached Images Attached Images black SS caps in the firmament 

?

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament
    This is a great thread full of information. I have yet to find a thread like this one on the maroon site. So much information posted everyday on this forum and this thread is one of my favorites.

Cheers, Pat

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentThanks for the above. My friends' collages of images are evocative and pleasing.

This SS officer's cap appeared on the whacko site, but it is real all the same.

Maybe Ben would shift solely to Pez containers were he to go to the prestige US militaria faires.....

Mr. Wyeth is to be congratulated on a bold initiative.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-21-2013 at 04:50 AM.

?

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    This strange creature popped up on another site today . . . along with an equally crptic message, that even included an email address, and a phone number to go along . . .
    Where is this posted? It's a very bizarre message!!

?

It is indeed.

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by BenVK View Post
    Where is this posted? It's a very bizarre message!!
    It is on the maroon site and clearly marked. The cap is totally authentic. I own several like it, but in better shape.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Wyeth is to be congratulated on a bold initiative.
    My offer to participate in such initiative is quite genuine - should sufficient interest in a collaborative present itself, I would be happy to fund the table fee associated with the venture. Additionally, I would be equally pleased to carry the burden of a balanced share in the expense of Ben's flight and auberge. The toll for cuisine and libation that Ben may consume would be another question left unanswered . . . I do not fear the meals, but what is rumored of an Englishman's ability to imbibe, I do have some concern. This of course, could all be negotiated, as I have plenty of work for Ben to keep busy with . . .

?

A nice idea and I'm flattered but it could never work in reality. I repair these things for enjoyment and in my own time. Being obliged to repair say, a dozen hats in 3 or 4 days isn't my idea of fun. It would be bloody hard work in fact and only mildly better than being sent to a Bangladesh sweatshop.

Oh no, Ben - you leave my burning apsiration doused by the chilled water from your glass!

Far fetched as it was, not only is my gesture made out of necessity, but equally rooted in admiration for your talent. And I agree - these "militaria faires" in the US could possibly be thought of as congruent to a Bangladeshi sweatshop at times. We'll leave it at that, and defer to the further excitement of the black SS cap being shared here . . .

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast