Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

black SS caps in the firmament

Article about: The Mona Lisa smile of the racial elite.

Default Re: black SS caps in the firmament

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    Without doubt, as you are as well. My Thanks to you equally.
    Thanks, dear colleague. One of my own colleagues groused the other day that I was too narrow in my range of classes......
    Such is also part of the joy of this calling.
    Be of good cheer, FB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS caps in the firmament
    P
    Many

black SS caps in the firmamentAttachment 462928black SS caps in the firmament
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thanks F-B for showing us these caps. I am very fond of the unit markings as well. I wonder if the owner also had the roman numeral of his sturmbann on his cufftitle as well. You have shown us many examples of this type that had long been unexplained in the popular sources or misidentified.
    Attachment 462556Attachment 462557
    The staff of the Sturmbann wore a blank cuff title with colored borders, at least until the middle of 1937 or so.

PS notice how in the price list the "scull" cost all of .11 Rpfg. And the list contains no description of the material it was made or how it was marked....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    black SS caps in the firmament This is the Montur when Darryl P owned it, complete with much other nice equipment,
    These are really fine pieces, of the highest collecting quality. Each individual item is impressive, but to see it all together is mesmerizing. I find it interesting how the post war history seems to follow around SS-regalia like this. If I'm not mistaken the bugle above the drum is in Mr. Coleman's collection. I actually just bought a drum earlier this week similar to the example pictured, with the black and white triangular trim pattern. I thought it was Deutsches Jungvolk, but I assume many organizations used them.

Corey

black SS caps in the firmamentLater, after mid 1937, with a general revision of the Allgem. SS uniform, the roman numeral was worn on the cuff for the Sturmbann staff, as Derek C. has shown us in the documents.

I have only seen officers' uniforms with this feature.

I do not understand all the changes in Allgem. SS insignia from the beginning until the end, at all......

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    These are really fine pieces, of the highest collecting quality. Each individual item is impressive, but to see it all together is mesmerizing. I find it interesting how the post war history seems to follow around SS-regalia like this. If I'm not mistaken the bugle above the drum is in Mr. Coleman's collection. I actually just bought a drum earlier this week similar to the example pictured, with the black and white triangular trim pattern. I thought it was Deutsches Jungvolk, but I assume many organizations used them.

Corey

Darryl P was a refined collector. I did not want all the musical things, and they were bought by others here.

black SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentblack SS caps in the firmamentI should say that this 1936 cap was just sold for a fraction of the price of the 9200 dollar special. It is devoid of insignia, which is a chore, but it is a nice piece.

- - Updated - -

black SS caps in the firmamentI should say that this 1936 cap was just sold for a fraction of the price of the 9200 dollar special. It is devoid of insignia, which is a chore, but it is a nice piece.

The above cap is in worse shape in a way than the Shea caps, but is a nice cap because of its earlier date.

Also, it would restore well, and I would surely think we careful treatment of our artisan experts, be a source of great pride to someone.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dear Patrick, thanks. I can tell you a thing or two about being a historian, which is a laudable but arduous goal. I did it somehow, but it is not without its perils.

On the other hand, knowledge is a fine thing, to be sure. All the best to you, FB
    Well said my friend.

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I'm in training to become a historian, at the university, as we speak. Some of my courses consist of a classroom with 100+ students in which I find I must teach myself most of the information, not saying there is anything wrong with that. Another course I am taking has half a dozen students. The second course is nothing like the first. The teacher only speaks half the time, and it is mostly spent directing the discussion among the students, who speak for the other half of the class time. So there are still classes out there with the face to face teaching style, but usually they are the in depth specialized courses. The second course I mentioned is an example, The process of History in Travel Narratives.

Corey
    You are quite lucky you get to study what you love. My destiny was chosen for me even before my birth. In fact, bussiness is my life, always has been. My father is one of those guys who invest your money, and now I must take over his books. This has been his goal since he knew my mother was having a boy. What I'd do to just be able to follow my passion, but I guess this world doesn't work that way. I wish you the best in your studies, you will always have a career, not a job.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    You are quite lucky you get to study what you love. My destiny was chosen for me even before my birth. In fact, bussiness is my life, always has been. My father is one of those guys who invest your money, and now I must take over his books. This has been his goal since he knew my mother was having a boy. What I'd do to just be able to follow my passion, but I guess this world doesn't work that way. I wish you the best in your studies, you will always have a career, not a job.
    Very moving intervention.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast