Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.

Article about: FB, have you a exceptional German Blondy girl also ? I would like to add in my collection...

Default Re: black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.

FB, have you a exceptional German Blondy girl also ? I would like to add in my collection...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.
    P
    Many

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    FB, have you a exceptional German Blondy girl also ? I would like to add in my collection...
    Don't ask and don't tell, my pet. I am not sure how to say this in French, but....there you are.

?

Thanks to those who brought this hat to our attention. It's truly a very rare specimen and I don't think the price tag is too outragous in consideration. I doubt we shall see another in our life times but who knows. The most predictable thing about this hobby is it's unpredictability.

The sweat shield seems to be of leather is it not?

?

Here is a photo showing a similiar black field cap in use. I think this picture was shared here on this forum in the past. Thank you for sharing this cap with us.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thanks to those who brought this hat to our attention. It's truly a very rare specimen and I don't think the price tag is too outragous in consideration. I doubt we shall see another in our life times but who knows. The most predictable thing about this hobby is it's unpredictability.

The sweat shield seems to be of leather is it not?
    The sweat shield is a kind of flexible plastic of the era, also used in U.S. caps of the time, which ages in exactly this way to a brownish goo. I have seen this material in a couple of the SS field caps that have turned up, but they were all grey ones.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-14-2012 at 01:44 AM.

Looks like Mike has one for sale at the Marshall's Baton:

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Framepage.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X. 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.I noticed this extraordinary piece on said site that arouses no comment from our members? I do not normally indulge in this sort of inquiry, but said item sort of cries out for a corrective, does it not? Said cap is in excess of 18000 dollars.

Are we pulling our punches here?

The cap from the image looks good until one sees the interior. A totally bogus liner marking. The fantasy RZM tag is a total joke! It is difficult to understand why a faker would go to the trouble of having this cap made with such a evident aspect to it's pedigree by seeing the interior.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.black SS field cap for officers, ca. 193X.I noticed this extraordinary piece on said site that arouses no comment from our members? I do not normally indulge in this sort of inquiry, but said item sort of cries out for a corrective, does it not? Said cap is in excess of 18000 dollars.
    I didn't even see that one there. I am shocked Mike even has it on his site--that cap isn't even trying to be a fake.....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast