Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Black SS Mantel on dealers site

Article about: Greetings. This item looks as good as it gets and I just wanted to bring it to members attention rather than spruik for the dealer (Hanners Reich). My only concern would be whether the insig

Default Black SS Mantel on dealers site

Greetings. This item looks as good as it gets and I just wanted to bring it to members attention rather than spruik for the dealer (Hanners Reich). My only concern would be whether the insignia is orginal to the coat. If it's a "fantasy" restoration of a stripped coat, the price probably adds up as the sum of its parts. If all original, I would think it's reasonably priced. Either way, it is out of my reach but I would love just to examine it which Im sure would improve my own knowlege considerbly. Surely such a coat has provenance and doesnt just appear after 70 years? I hope contributions by our resident experts may shed further light on this spectacular mantel. My apologies for the low res screen-dump. Regards, Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS Mantel on dealers site 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS Mantel on dealers site
    P
    Many

I saw this as well. It is absolutely spectacular, everything one would expert to see in an original.
    There are other items on his update that should be noted, too, such as the early LAH collar tab which was purchased by one of our forum members.

?

Y-C, I know the member and collar tab you are referring to..

As for the mantel, It appears to be a good one.
    That said, this one image, taken from afar is not nearly enough to authenticate such an item. However, I trust my colleague, YouthCollector if he thinks its okay and has seen it before on a respected site.
    Dean

It is impossible to authenticate insignia to a garment from pictures. Even with a hands on inspection, if a coat is restored with proper materials, there is no way to tell. items certainly can appear for the first time after 68 years since the end of the war. Grandchildren in Germany and Austria sell off items that the original owner and his children kept dear. Things are also found by people who clean out houses. It still happens on a regular basis.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Black SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers site
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It is impossible to authenticate insignia to a garment from pictures. Even with a hands on inspection, if a coat is restored with proper materials, there is no way to tell. items certainly can appear for the first time after 68 years since the end of the war. Grandchildren in Germany and Austria sell off items that the original owner and his children kept dear. Things are also found by people who clean out houses. It still happens on a regular basis.
    Very valid points. Here is a unit stamp in an SSVT item. Otherwise, all such images are only cause for circular speculation.

Further images on merit which will prove useful. I, personally, do not see any problems. I would buy it, too, if I wasn't already in the process of buying another example.
    Black SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers siteBlack SS Mantel on dealers site
    I do, however, agree with Bob. It is impossible to determine when the insignia was attached just from photographs the majority of the time.

Here's a edited image of the va stamp, although the quality isn't that good it is all that is available.
    Black SS Mantel on dealers site

?

The item is, as I understand it, restored. I believe the asking price is fair, but, who knows what these things really go for.

Regards,

CMH

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    The item is, as I understand it, restored. I believe the asking price is fair, but, who knows what these things really go for.

Regards,

CMH
    If that is so, IMO it is only worth the sum of its parts, and therefore, is over priced at almost $16,000usd.

You betcha. That's what he wants for the thing? Donnerwetter.

- - Updated - -

Real SSVT and especially SSTV things are seldom found, and they need some provenance to make sense.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast