Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

black SS officer caps, leather peaks

Article about: as noted.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You also know that with Kevin Brownlow in the late 1950s and into the early 1960s, they made a dramatic film about the German occupation of Great Britain, which is still famous.
    "It happened here", of course. Once owned it on VHS, now own it on disc, naturally.

The film poses interesting moral questions on the matter of collaboration.

Of course, to us lot it is also interesting in the attention to detail in terms of the uniforms and insignia (as was to expected from a Mollo project). From the Wehrmacht uniforms to the fictional Fascist "Immediate Action" organization or the conjectural insignia of the British Waffen-SS troops of the "Black Prince" division seen near the end, a job well done. (My favorite detail are the Cossacks briefly seen in one of the scenes in London.)

If I recall correctly, some of the "IA" types were played by real-life former Blackshirts, expressing their actual views in some of the dialogue scenes, giving the whole thing an additional level of realism.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS officer caps, leather peaks
    P
    Many

Bravo, Andreas. The film signifies the foundation of our sub culture, I guess. We are more or less imbibed of the same interest and world view.

The issues of war and memory and the depiction of war in all forms of culture are endlessly interesting.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-21-2015 at 10:12 PM.

The film the Sorrow and the Pity raised the issue of collaboration in France, at around the same time, as well as the issues of citizenship and guilt in the FRG of the 1960s, as to what did you do in the war, Daddy....?

le chagrin et la pitié #1 - vidéo dailymotion

I found a very good documentary from West German television on Bochum in the III. Reich that is pretty remarkable.

There are so many excellent things in you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnBIaa8FUqs
    This documentary was made when I was studying in Cologne and Bonn, and one could go ask the persons about their lives in a fairly forthright way.

No such thing is imaginable today.

The film, Rosen fuer den Staatsanwalt from 1959, also engages this same theme in an excellent way. I do not know if you have seen it, Andreas?

I just saw it, and it is really very pleasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tR1...04DB552B68103C

black SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksFor those of you who do not like us thinking aloud about films and their meaning, here are images of a leather peak in its glory.

What it thinks, it says not, because it has no voice as we know it. What it says to us is a riddle.

The physical object itself means more than the stitch fairies and prong police would have you believe.black SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaks

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The film, Rosen fuer den Staatsanwalt from 1959, also engages this same theme in an excellent way. I do not know if you have seen it, Andreas?
    I really should see it, but I'm afraid I haven't yet.

black SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peaksblack SS officer caps, leather peakson this theme, another example....

black SS officer caps, leather peaksThe Verdunkelung variant of Totenschaedel, which I have never seen before on a cap.

The 1927 SS Hoheitszeichen also has black painted accents, too, in fact....!

None of these eagle & crooked cross badges exactly matches the other....

What subtle and small details exist in the limitless expanse of the past.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast