Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold But I think Lang is more interesting than these silly old hats, even if I have spent all my life chasing them and wasting a fortune on them.Attachment 190930Attachment

?

Default Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

a contact speaks of a black, white-piped ss cap I haven't seen pix of as yet.

I take these as suspicious points and would v'much appreciate expert insights.

- black underside to visor, possible light x-hatching
    - NO marks - labels, stamps etc. at all other than '61' head size
    - overlapped piping ends
    - no sweat shield or threads for one that used t/b there
    - absence of 'that smell' (tho it's been in a hat box for 60 years - and no it isn't the ss hat box!)
    - eagle doesn't come thru the lining

on the other hand it's got

- black semi-sheen lining (rayon from the sounds of it)
    - silver wash insignia, with the wash toning and flat pins from the sound of it
    - sweatband of that 'papery' artificial leather

seller describes saddle form and says it looks 'elegant' - I told 'im with no sweat shield that's V E R Y odd.

I'm probably hoping against hope that it's a good'un; one that was made by, say, an apprentice or some student at a milliner's trade guild or some such.... tho the ss was persnickety I know about ANYONE making their headgear.

many of course prefer known textbook types per f-b; understandably so.

hope to have some pix soon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

We can't help without good pics - keep us up to date.

?

Thanx frog - if it isn't hopelessly bogus will post pix tomorrow....

foetid woolens and phantoms of same....Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

No end to the foetid-ness of it all....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious   Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious  

Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious   Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious  

Attached Images Attached Images Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious 

Vady's list is near, but so far. We cannot judge anything without photos. There are surely authentic caps without marks. But such a thing requires some skill to grapple with it.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

?

thanks mates. finally saw pix of this object, and it was enough to make the proverbial dung beetle wretch. truly horrible. next timeI'll have the photos FIRST!

happy hunting.

Quote by vady View Post
    thanks mates. finally saw pix of this object, and it was enough to make the proverbial dung beetle wretch. truly horrible. next timeI'll have the photos FIRST!

happy hunting.
    Sorry and better luck next time. I regret your disappointment and wish you all the best.Black ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspiciousBlack ss officer schirrmutze - suspicious

?

thanks f-b, and also for the fine assortment of images! droolworthy per usual. stand by for a pm. cheers,

david

?

FB, I love that desk, and those red boots, oh and the caps aint bad either

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast