MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

black SS officer's cap

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold while I do not wish to endorse dealers etc as a rule, these items I have enclosed here are authentic in my opinion. This dealer has certainly found some very nice examp

Default Re: black SS officer's cap

Quote by BenVK View Post
    What a weird week, sorry for sidetracking the thread!

Black schirmmutzen! I've owned many NCO examples, never kept them for long though. All the RZM tags and stencils, for me at least, tend to de-focus the attention away from the mutzenmeisters craft. A bit like an Austin Healey 3000 with a lot of Vote Harold Macmillan stickers on it!
    How many of our readers have any idea of who Harold Macmillan really was? I am sure the rebel yell bubbas of Butch Gooch have no idea, and cannot locate London, or 10 Downing Street on a map.

Oh well. I am too old and of a foul disposition, since I upset Mr. N.C. Wyeth with my posts.

I had not thought of RZM tags like Harold Macmillan election propaganda, but I am in rut, as you can see.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS officer's cap
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    That is why I remind us of Peter Lorre,
    Why is that?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you Sir and that is what hurts the most. My finest hour or more like 30 hours handicraft which I thought was going to a person, not for re-sale or profit but for the love of one particular cap.
    You are an idealist in a world of low, thieving and vicious people who have nothing, debased as they are by the economic and social trends of the last thirty years hereabouts. If people had a skill, a craft, if they could add value through their own energy and patience as you do, they would be less inclined to lead a fake life on social network sites with the emotional age of seven year olds. However, in the society in which Butch Gooch lives, this is the example given to him, not the least by a creepy and likely dishonest self serving Harvard graduate who has amplified all the ills in this society to erase thousands of years of human striving with the celebration of the seven deadly sins in pixels and dits and dashes. A pretty sad result. To explain the behavior of such a man child, however, one must know that all around him persons of authority and gravitas have shirked their role as a model, as an exemplar, and preach nonsense and balderdash, while smashing and grabbing in the time honored manner of the snake oil salesman or the confidence artist who takes money from children for musical instruments and a marching band in River City, that will never appear. It is all of a piece.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Why is that?
    If you have seen the film of Fritz Lang, then such will become obvious. I have always like Lorre as an actor, and his depiction of criminal insanity applies to many militaria collectors in my experience, especially when they act out their greed, their larceny, and their desire to harm others....as we have seen in the issue of raped plessier in the air force cap.

?

A jewish Hungarian born actor? thanks wikipedia!

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A jewish Hungarian born actor? thanks wikipedia!
    His birth place, Ruzomberok, is today in Slovakia. Lorre is one of my favorites.black SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's capblack SS officer's cap

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    You are an idealist in a world of low, thieving and vicious people who have nothing, debased as they are by the economic and social trends of the last thirty years hereabouts. If people had a skill, a craft, if they could add value through their own energy and patience as you do, they would be less inclined to lead a fake life on social network sites with the emotional age of seven year olds. However, in the society in which Butch Gooch lives, this is the example given to him, not the least by a creepy and likely dishonest self serving Harvard graduate who has amplified all the ills in this society to erase thousands of years of human striving with the celebration of the seven deadly sins in pixels and dits and dashes. A pretty sad result. To explain the behavior of such a man child, however, one must know that all around him persons of authority and gravitas have shirked their role as a model, as an exemplar, and preach nonsense and balderdash, while smashing and grabbing in the time honored manner of the snake oil salesman or the confidence artist who takes money from children for musical instruments and a marching band in River City, that will never appear. It is all of a piece.
    Honestly, I am in tears. Maybe due to late hour or just because someone knows my heartbreak.....

?

The cap was meticulously put back together stitch by stitch, I actualy feel a bit sick now, sorry....

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Honestly, I am in tears. Maybe due to late hour or just because someone knows my heartbreak.....
    Heartbreak, dear Ben, is the human condition and the order of the day in the 21st century. In Mr. Gooch's homeland, celebrity, profligacy, and stupidity rule the roost, while honest work has been debased and destroyed with frightening results. He is supposed to be a mechanic, but who knows what he really is and does. In any case, we know you Ben, and we are grateful to you for your example here and elsewhere. Your passion for all of this is ours, too, that of many whom you have helped with generosity that is so seldom repaid nowadays, when cannibalism is the rule. We all have heartbreak, surely, be it from the unfairness of society, from death and illness among loved ones, from somehow never measuring up as the goal posts are moved by our managers and peers, and on and on. You, nonetheless, have enriched all our lives, as you see by the outpouring of solidarity with you in this mess. You should take some solace and succor from it.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The cap was meticulously put back together stitch by stitch, I actualy feel a bit sick now, sorry....
    A magnificent and fine thing, a marvelous and skilled restoration done with care and affection for the object and the task of saving pieces of the past from destruction, which is the norm for all things made by us mankind. Your little contribution to immortality was undeserved by a person who is not civilized enough to say thank you. And yet, in my experience, such is frequently the case in little, incomplete, and moral dwarfs, which he is, obviously. You are not.
    And a person should always, and I mean, always pay someone for such generosity with cash money, dough, lucre et cetera.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast