Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety

Article about: Without the dialectic, none of this would be possible, of course.

Default Re: black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety

black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 varietyWithout the dialectic, none of this would be possible, of course.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My friend, you pose a false dichotomy. One aspect can never be separate from the other, of course. It is a dialectic.
    Hi Friedrich, if im allowed, in your imense expertise on these, whats a current and fair value for one a hat of this kind?

Well I have many foetid green items in my collection as well as not-so-foetid black items (Nothing SS of course- I can't find it for college student money). I was just curious as to what you enjoy more: a clean and unsmelly black uniform, or a foetid erdgrau one?

(I'm guessing that for you, this is also a dialectic. It would be for me too. )

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi Friedrich, if im allowed, in your imense expertise on these, whats a current and fair value for one a hat of this kind?
    I am afraid you will have to ask someone who is closer to the market, which I am not. I am not a dealer; I do not go to shows et cetera; I only seek bits of the truth via my own means.

I value these caps highly, others do not. The others are louder and more sulfurous in their world view.

?

I saw this cap for sale on the other forum as well. I like it and I imagine the stories it could tell if it could speak. Great item for any collection, I sure wish I could get it.

Cheers, Pat

this cap interested me very much, but i prefer to pass cause the price.
    it's come few months after mine, earlier, both Pekuro... not mentioned in mine cause Himmler order.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety   black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety  

black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety   black SS peaked cap, 1934/5 variety  

another early example
    Last edited by Robert H; 06-02-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks a great addition to any collection. Is there any mention of a maker? I do not visit the Maroon site. These early hats are quite captivating with a fragility that belies the terrible story they tell. Regards, Paul

Which one?
    First and second are Pekuro, both 'suffered' the himmler directive which forbidden the teademark and uniform productiond with ss runes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast