MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Black SS tunic for review please

Article about: by Frog Sir: If you are mad, then I am madder still. This incidental ornament is still on offer. I think you should buy it. "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It i

Default Re: Black SS tunic for review please

Thank you very much. Those are very nice pieces. Yes, I know those dealers and they do seem to try to maintain a reputation as honest businessmen. Most of my endeavors are with veterans but I have purchased from dealers and I feel as long as it can be returned, you have a chance, since the COA never truly impressed me. Essentially without knowledge in what we are getting ourselves into, we take a chance. I like the gentleman I have dealt with with respect to this tunic I have posted. He seems like a good man. However all of us need to have that further assistance from those most knowledgable, such as yourself.
    Regards,
    Howard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic for review please
    P
    Many

Thanks again for the kind words, but you overstate my bona fides. As concerns black SS regalia, I look for it in old collections or from the very small cohort of those who own authentic stuff. In my experience, such material does not come from virginal sources, though the Sellner uniform above apparently did.

von Lukacs has a nice uniform of an Obersturmbannfuehrer for sale without an honor cuff title from Plauen near the Erzgebirge.

There has been a "surge" of some nice material in the past couple of months, to borrow a military phrase much over used.

I would also note that the 08/15 Allgemeine SS piece is more credible than the over the top SSTV or SSVT piece that often pushes my credulity to the breaking point. It is especially with the SSTV pieces that one has to be doubly skeptical.

For instance, this piece is now for sale, which is quite striking.
    Its price is surely not a bargain, but it is a significant piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please  

That is quite an item! Although I have to retire the evening, come morning I think I will have to check otu some of the latest offerings. I greatly appreciate your time.
    Howard

This grey cap with the rote Vorstoesse was discussed on the lord of the flies site. I am not an expert in such objects, but I think it is authentic and surely a one off in terms of the things we have seen here. Whammond also had a cap with red piping recently, as well.

I note that your Bayreuth piece also got favorable marks on the above site. Such comments were without much historical context, or insight, but I register the concurrence of views across the ether. How much easier on the nerves when views unfold without the punch and judy show affect that is the norm elsewhere.

Happy woolens, head wear and whatnot.

Paul Kaps made nice hats, which are under appreciated by the Lubstein mob, I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please  

I realize I diverge here from foetid black woolens, so here is one: it is not unlike the Bayreuth piece, but for an officer and from a locale in the Egerland/western Bohemia. It is pictured in the Johnson war booty book.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS tunic for review please  Black SS tunic for review please  Black SS tunic for review please  Black SS tunic for review please  Black SS tunic for review please 

Saaz was the locale of a massacre of Germans in 1945, among whom perhaps was the owner of this Montur? Who knows? This foetid woolen was taken by a US soldier and then sold in a "motel buy." apparently. The latter is a legend, but the events of 1945 are surely a fact. The Protektorat and the portions of the CSR that were made part of the Reich (Reichsgau Sudetenland) had a very high concentration of Allgem. SS units. And at the top of the pyramid of control stood these men in Prag, at least until the summer of 1942.
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS tunic for review please 

?

Just off the plane, and only wish to congratulate Howard on his tunic, which seems quite correct to me.

The Arty visor forwarded by F-B seems remarkable by any standard, and I wish I could afford it; quite a coincidence to have both officer's and EM rote versions offered at virtually the same time.

I am glad that colleague Bruce could add his words here.

The artillery cap in Germany is a once in forty or fifty year kind of thing, to be sure.

A pity it was not photographed for the Shea Beaver book on caps. It has certain marks of time, but in a way, such only enhances its value, I think.

My thing is other than field caps, mind you, but I have been around long enough to know what is truly extraordinary.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please   Black SS tunic for review please  

?

Please, sir, stop dangling this thing before tears short-circuit my keyboard.

Anyone want to go halves on this?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast