Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Black SS tunic for review please

Article about: by Frog Sir: If you are mad, then I am madder still. This incidental ornament is still on offer. I think you should buy it. "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It i

Default Re: Black SS tunic for review please

Quote by Frog View Post
    Please, sir, stop dangling this thing before tears short-circuit my keyboard.

Anyone want to go halves on this?
    Sorry Bruce, but I am in bustitude as a result of these wretched times and for having watched the Suze Orman show and being swept up by buyer's remorse. Plus I have to buy a new car, or a new used car, I should say, to keep with the penury of the age.

I think this cap is a bridge too far for some in North America because of the itsy-bitsy value of the dollar.

But it is a truly striking piece for which one could saw off an arm or something to secure.

The posts about cap insignia have damaged my enthusiasm for these things, really.

Maybe the guy would take cash and trade, you know?

You should ask him, but I have no experience with said dealer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunic for review please
    P
    Many

?

I have sawn off both arms already.

But, I will ask this fellow - who knows?

"I suppose that I shall have to die beyond my means" - Wilde

Quote by Frog View Post
    I have sawn off both arms already.

But, I will ask this fellow - who knows?

"I suppose that I shall have to die beyond my means" - Wilde
    I extend a hand in solidarity.

It is worth a try.

You won't regret it five or ten years hence, as no such caps will further come forth.

Your Oscar Wilde quote is a good one.

?

I have had the opportunity to buy this at a very fair sum, but have finally declined due to other pending obligations.

It is a fine object indeed, and I must say the principals on this site were most helpful and polite during our discussions.

We are sorry to read of this upshot.

The cruelty of the times shatters our dreams.

This is the once over the world cap, that is for sure.

If I were less sober and not so bowed down by my sagging shares portfolio, I would buy it, as well.

But.....

Also, I do not care as much about squish able hats as others here.

My tastes diverge from the majority.

Thanks for the kind words. The bad example of the others makes us adhere to our principles all the more.

I am surprised some of the loud mouth high rollers we see on other sites have not snapped it up?

?

Yes, this remarkable thing is still available.

Judging from the site, this must represent a considerable investment for them. I would suppose they are willing to negotiate, perhaps even further than I discovered.

I am not sure exactly what braked me on this, possibly the sight of my banker picking his jaw up off the floor, or more likely my wife's bent eye.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Yes, this remarkable thing is still available.

Judging from the site, this must represent a considerable investment for them. I would suppose they are willing to negotiate, perhaps even further than I discovered.

I am not sure exactly what braked me on this, possibly the sight of my banker picking his jaw up off the floor, or more likely my wife's bent eye.
    You are right to heed the opinions of others, especially in times of want and hunger as these.

The irrational factor in this, however, cannot be gainsaid, either, in fact. Otherwise why would we spend any money on silly old clothes, which are otherwise totally worthless, when you could buy a big screen tv, and shares in Dubai real estate, or the CITI bank, or General Motors, for instance?

The Klugscheisser who invest their money perfectly such that they enter the family tomb in the black and with squabbling heirs would not even begin to understand what motivates us with an interest for the past and its physical culture. Perhaps we can have more sympathy with gamblers and other seeks of whatever for the human aspect of it?

One of my child hood acquaintances reminded me recently that I was eccentric granted my interest in the past, for which I made no apologies in 1959 and make less today. She then told me that I had an interesting career, the foundation of which is a professional involvement with German history. Go figure.

Human kind is not rational, so why should we be, other than to avoid debtor's prison?

After all, recall what Frederick here said to his men: "Kerle, wollt Jhr ewig leben?"

The SS seized on some specific human desire for symbols of death and violence which no economist could ever make sense of, or the latter would simply make a total fool of themselves in the process. They have just discovered the force of human irrationality as if this was akin to Einstein or the Salk vaccine.

The insight of Hitler, Himmler and others of the appeal of death cult kitsch touches some greater human truth than most of economics and accounting, as well as digitalized advice columns as they operate today.

And, this death cult kitsch joined with the greatest event in human existence thus far makes this regalia valuable for sure.

You could collect lunch boxes, Jim Beam bottles, or Pez containers...of course.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please  
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS tunic for review please 

Others see the poetry in this, which is fine, but the green squishy cap with the rote Vorstoesse is a miracle. Maybe collecting things all springs from some flawed, warped source, which a righteous, self abnegating person should eschew. Such is part of the fundamentalism and tendency to human madness which is so characteristic of this unhappy decade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS tunic for review please  

This is a long winded justification for my own madness in buying SS regalia at the expense of my under funded Roth IRA or REITs or whatever sure things populate the WSJ, Kiplinger and personal finance websites.

My friends in Vienna all invest in so called Zinshaeuser, that is, apartment houses in good parts of Vienna. Or they invest in gold, though some of them invested in Hungarian shares or in Bulgaria and Romania, God bless them.

I ask you: is God a faculty member of the University of Chicago School of Economics?

?

Sir:

If you are mad, then I am madder still.

This incidental ornament is still on offer.

I think you should buy it.

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to one's self". - OW

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast