Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    The question on the honor cuff title is a very confusing issue. If my reading of the orders is correct, the command and men were "entitled" (authorized) to wear the honor title. I do not know if this indicated a command or if it was up to the standarte commanders.

However, as many leaders had more than one uniform, this particular tunic may have been 'closeted' prior to the authorization of the honor title.

I do agree that th insignia does match well with the tunic and the application appears to be very well done as per period.

Bob Hritz
    I recently saw an image in Germany of an Allgemeine SS color guard with the Feldzeichen in which some had an honor cuff title and others did not, as was the case in the company of SS men following the Standarte....

As you know, there is not as much pictorial record of the 08/15 Allgemeine SS was with the SSVT and SSTV. The LAH was over photographed granted its role.

If I were very skeptical, I would say that the cuff title present replaces the honor cuff title that some collector stole in 1964, if this tunic originated in the US. Or not, of course, in which case the piece is significant because: it is from the Erzgebirge, which is interesting (it is not far from Czechia) and it is of a high rank.

I have corresponded with others about this item since it appeared.
    It is easy to see if the cuff title is replaced, as you all know.

Someone should take one for the team and examine it in person.

Happy foetid woolens!

Bob may well be right that the thing was taken out of service, but if this man was so thrifty as to avoid the normal Trikot, I should have also thought that he would change the cuff title. But all of this is speculation. The piece is about 97% correct from what I can see. And Colleague Hritz knows how easy it is to find these Allgem. SS honor cuff titles.

I would think that if the Standarte got the honor cuff title, then everyone was ordered to wear it, but then they did not.
    I am learning from Uniformen Markt that there was a considerable divergence between Sollen/Muessen und Sein in Germany, as common sense suggests.

To my colleague in Slowakei, if you have an extra 9000 Euros, this is not the worst uniform you could buy, surely.
    Obersturmbannfuehrer tunics do not grow on trees. And my Slovaks friends have earned the Euro, hard money, so spend it!

Once you start on black foetid woolens, you won't be able to control yourself. And look at the thing on the Lord of the Flies site, i.e. some haly dyed BGS uniform to appreciate this piece here we are dissecting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

I also do think that the configuration of the collar patch and cuff title are appropriate for someone in the command group/staff of this Standarte, I think. The kicker here is the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title....

Please correct me.

Someone also has the dress regulations of the Allgemeine SS in the original, do they not?

It is a pity these are not digitalized.

So near and yet so far.....

?

I would guess the get-up could be had for less than the 10,500 EU ask. Time has passed since its listing, the this sword hangs over its neck.

"Restored" tunics are almost the norm these days.

Does the "Friedrich Schlegal" officer CT ever appear for sale?

Here is the order from September 1936 authorizing the title. It does appear to indicate that everyone should wear it on their service dress.
    d'alquen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Here is the order from September 1936 authorizing the title. It does appear to indicate that everyone should wear it on their service dress.
    d'alquen.
    Donnerwetter! The order suggests that it could be worn in addition to the Sturmband, that is the proverbial double cuff title.

Thank you, indeed.

?

d'alquen's knowledge, along with F-B's, is a combination unparalleled on the other sites.

Are there any photos of this elusive double cuff-titled sleeve?

Quote by Frog View Post
    d'alquen's knowledge, along with F-B's, is a combination unparalleled on the other sites.

Are there any photos of this elusive double cuff-titled sleeve?
    Please do not exaggerate here with praise.

Robert H might have had an example of the double cuff title, and I know I downloaded it---but I cannot find it.

There are many images of multiple cuff titles in use.

Others have them. I have never seen an order allowing same.

There is so much about the Allgemeine SS that remains unknown.

That is why we do this.

Thanks.

Bruce, also, I would not change the cuff title on your Thueringen thingy. I think the damage is really quite minor and even adds character to the thing. If the tear obliterated the Namenszug, that would be one thing, but it does not.

Off hand, I don't think I have an image of the Schlegel title being worn, but your request did occasion a pleasurable half an hour going through some Allgemine-SS files I haven't looked at in ages.
    Here is an image of two titles being worn together. Schreck and a reserve band at the 1936, 9th of November annual get together in Munich.
    The brown shirts in the background are being worn by SS men in their traditional uniform for this event.
    d'alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

What a nice image that is! I wish I owned the uniform, but, I wish more that I knew who this Untersturmfuehrer was, in fact.

Thanks so much for your generous support.

This image also has a knock on effect of whatever kind on the Plauen uniform.

Who knows how the Erzgebirge thing was originally worn?

That is frustrating, because the uniform has much merit in certain ways, especially if the collar patches are organic to the thing.

?

In any event, there seems to be a lack of interest at the price asked (EU 10,5K) or close. The super Germania outfit on Jenkins' site and others on Hermann's and PW's sites (all still up for view) sold quickly.

(F-B: Thanks, I won't alter it. Just like the extra CT for insurance; finally got it at a very fair price.)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast