Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Quote by Frog View Post
    I'm confused here (happens all the time).

So we're saying this Kraschinski, on his promotion in 4/39, took his old seldom-used black EM tunic (which must have been upgraded several times before?) in to his tailor and had a "neatly stitched" Obersturmbahnfurher tag applied to the collar, with the prior one removed?
    His first name was Albert, he was born in 1895, and he had the SS ring and the SA Sportabzeichen. In the 1935 rank list he worked in the Inspektion KL, which is interesting. In the 1936 rank list, he was the commander of the I Sturmbann of Standarte 26. You will remind me where that was stationed, as I am busy with my daily real work.

This piece is not an enlisted tunic per se, obviously.

If you buy it, I will examine it for you and give you my expert opinion.

Personages surely did not have a new uniform made each time they were promoted, if this is the question.

Happy foetid woolens.

PS there is a useful work from a German militaria publishing house with the personages of all the Allgemeine SS Standarten, i.e. 08/15 Fusstandarten versus the specialized units.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

Then there is the note on the Axis History Forum that he died in battle as an Oberstleutnant in 1944 on the Italian front.....

If it is the same Albert Kraschinski?

This is why history is so fun.

?

26. SS-Standarte was based in Halle.
    W.

Quote by Woske View Post
    26. SS-Standarte was based in Halle.
    W.
    This Standarte had a Sturm with an honor title, too, or something. I saw a uniform from this unit with the Heydrich exhibit of the Czech army museum while on tour in Bratislava.

Riddles within enigmas within....

Thanks to Woske for your fine research in our little heap.

?

Glad to be of help.
    The 26. SS-Standarte had the honour title "Paul Berck" which was also accorded to the 1. Sturm of the Standarte. At the time that Kraschinski was with this Standarte, it was commanded by SS-Staf. Ludolf von Alvensleben.
    W.

Quote by Woske View Post
    Glad to be of help.
    The 26. SS-Standarte had the honour title "Paul Berck" which was also accorded to the 1. Sturm of the Standarte.
    W.
    That is it, I forgot. The black SS uniform from the Czechs I saw was a nice one, too. I imagine in the Warsaw Pact era the GDR and CSSR people traded regalia for the purposes of military history exhibits, otherwise, Halle/Salle is not especially close to Czechia. Who knows how all these things end up where they do? The point: Heydrich was from Halle/Salle.

Danke vielmals.

He is NOT listed in the 1944 Dienstalterliste, actually.

Maybe the family or the staff kept the thing as a memento then to have it captured by US troops?

Who knows?

The tunic is said to have been found in the US Midwest, the magic locale of so much regalia!

If this keeps up, then I shall make Frog buy it.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    He is NOT listed in the 1944 Dienstalterliste, actually.
    Good supporting evidence that he is the Oberstleutnant Kraschinski who was KIA in 1944 on the Italian Front. Equivalent Wehrmacht/Allgemeine-SS ranks also.
    W.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This Standarte had a Sturm with an honor title, too, or something. I saw a uniform from this unit with the Heydrich exhibit of the Czech army museum while on tour in Bratislava.
    Please allow me to illustrate it. I took this photograph when said exhibition was displayed in Berlin in 2006. (Sorry, the picture quality is not too great as I had to take the photograph through the display case's glass and my old digital camera back then was not too great, either...)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

Dear Colleague, thank you. That is a great favor to us. A very nice piece and a welcome image. There were a number of grey SS uniforms in said exhibit, too.

Danke vielmals.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast