Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc.

Were the cuff title present, I would have been tempted, myself.

But who knows, really, we may be splitting hairs to our own detriment.
    Attached Images Attached Images BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

?

Scrambling to catch up here.

Re my post #30, poorly worded.

Of course it is not an EM uniform per se.

I only meant to suggest the timeline disparity between the authorization of the Schlegel CT and the date of Kraschinski's promotion in 1939; in all likelihood he would have had at least one earlier promotion in the interim, and it seems difficult to imagine he would not have the CT - with its honor and stature - altered at the same time.

Just yaking - go on with this great thread. I am taking notes!

Quote by Frog View Post
    Scrambling to catch up here.

Re my post #30, poorly worded.

Of course it is not an EM uniform per se.

I only meant to suggest the timeline disparity between the authorization of the Schlegel CT and the date of Kraschinski's promotion in 1939; in all likelihood he would have had at least one earlier promotion in the interim, and it seems difficult to imagine he would not have the CT - with its honor and stature - altered at the same time.

Just yaking - go on with this great thread. I am taking notes!

Dear Bruce, what you write makes perfect sense. But who knows, really? Someone has to get his personnel file.

When I have time, I will look up his dates of promotion.

I would prefer that this piece have a cuff title with the Schlegel name, but, I think it is otherwise an authentic and interesting piece based on the pictures. v. Lukac has had black SS material from time to time, one piece of which I bought and was satisfied with entirely. I have not examined all his wares, especially foetid black ones. But the one I did buy for a very fair price is an excellent piece. I do not have an image of it, though. Much of my collection is un photographed for reasons that can be deduced from the ecology of the other site. Bob Coleman will remind us of a fact stated over and over: in former times, insignia collectors raped tunics as the cap badge collectors today rape caps for their wretched little pieces of Tombak and Cupal, God bless them. The cuff title was also a shiny gee gaw in the crazed gaze of collectors, and there you have it. Today the cuff title on this piece is elsewhere, or v. Lukac is right, that this tunic was saved and somehow updated in a lop sided way.

I am not an on line dealer baiter or basher.

The others can do that to their heart's content.

These women at Fahnen Fleck in Hamburg are making an army unit flag, but they also made cuff titles. I have an image of another of these women, of a riper age, who is so employed.

The cuff title handbestickt was a further development of monograms as had on linens, Waesche and other nice things of the upper middle class and nobility. That is, the people who embroidered monograms also made these cuff titles or unit flags as here.

I never knew that, in fact. Nor did the other savants hereabouts tell you, either.

But granted Heini H's status anxiety, and fussiness in his sense of things, it makes perfect sense.

The number of ads for these kinds of outfits in UM is intriguing and this image puts a different perspective on these items before us in the internet. The persons who made them originally deserve our attention as much as the things themselves. I think my European readers will more readily comprehend same than my fellow north Americans who are accustomed to consumer goods or whatever only found in big box stores filled with merchandise made in Asia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

?

The original subject of this topic is still available on Peter von Lukacs' site, now available most certainly for less than 10K, which is/was an appealing price.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

Quote by Frog View Post
    The original subject of this topic is still available on Peter von Lukacs' site, now available most certainly for less than 10K, which is/was an appealing price.
    It has your name on it, of course.

I am broke, so please be my guest.

?

I have my shortsighted eye on something else, but I do think this item would be a wise investment for someone looking for a black tunic. The CT question could be resolved in reasonable time if the buyer has reasonable return privileges, which I assume.

It is very nice!

Quote by Frog View Post
    I have my shortsighted eye on something else, but I do think this item would be a wise investment for someone looking for a black tunic. The CT question could be resolved in reasonable time if the buyer has reasonable return privileges, which I assume.

It is very nice!
    At a fair price, it is a very nice piece. The cuff title thing is a question mark, but even with the "7" out of place, it is also clear that the wearing of two cuff titles was quite normal in the Allgemeine SS, so that the honor one might have been cherry picked and the other has remained behind. Who knows?

I am in bustitude because of the three pointed star and am weary of scraping together my last ducats for these foetid woolens. But like Mr. Bruce here, I was also tempted.

Heran an den Feind!

And for sale again.Now for 15.000 $ on the oakleaf site.

You all should have bought it when it was so cheap! The newer images do show an authentic piece. The issue remains about the honor title, but who knows? The uniform is authentic. It is of enlisted grade cloth, however, but it, too, is authentic. The Effekten look all correct to me, too. The piece apparently originated in the US and has returned there. There is less authentic regalia to be had than in times past.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast