Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Article about: Now the image from our friend in Europe shows more or less how the "Friedrich Schlegel" cuff title might look, i.e. construction, Alugespinst embroidery etc. Were the cuff title pr

Default BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

Hello, and special for FB and all moderators, administrators and friendly collectors

happy NEW Year

what you think about it? is it OK?

Regards Milan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7   BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7   BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7   BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7
    P
    Many

Default Re: BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7

other 2-3
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7   BLACK-SS Tunic SS-Obersturmbannführer 7  

other 3-3

An authentic tunic for a comparative high ranking member of the Allgemeine SS Standarte in Plauen in Sachsen.

The issue with this tunic is whether it should have an honor cuff title or not.

The tunic surely strikes me as authentic from the images, the only question being the insignia, especially the cuff title.

The collar insignia look ok to me and seem to fit the wear of the tunic. The tailor is of the geographical region of the Standarte.

The man was of senior rank, and one could determine his identity. Bob Coleman surely could. According to the collector gossip that went with this piece, it eventuated in the US Midwest, which is surely possible.

You can compare this piece to those on the collector's guild site as well as the Grenadier militaria site.

Happy foetid woolens.

Hi Milan, I can ( as per usual)only agree with all of FB's comments.

The unit, high rank and award loops ought to point to a possible candidate for a name. I wish I could help here.

Cheers, Ade.

I would have expected a tricot or gabardine tunic for an officer of this rank.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I would have expected a tricot or gabardine tunic for an officer of this rank.

Bob Hritz
    I noticed this fact too, since if you compare this uniform with the ones I posted from Koeln & Saarbruecken, you see the Trikot in my posts.

I have seen an officer's uniform in pretty ordinary Tuch (as same is called in the Herstellungsvorschriften) before for Hagen/Westfalen.

I would throw into the balance the tailor's tag from the Erzgebirge, an area that was not especially prosperous.

The issue, however, is should this uniform have the honor cuff title: Friedrich Schlegel?

At this rank, the personage in question could have commanded said Standarte.

You also have to examine the loops for orders and decorations and make sure they are of the era.

Who knows?

There are souls skilled enough to look at uniforms to see whether they are put together, and the buyer of said piece should undertake such an examination, as is the case with any senior ranked uniform, surely.

At least with black SS uniforms you cannot say the thing is a converted army uniform.

In the main, enlisted uniforms have the side belt ramps, unless they were removed....and the thing has the glove pockets in the rear, too.

Did all members of SS Standarten with the honor cuff title wear them? Was this man the commander or the Stabsfuehrer of this Standarte at said rank?

Does anyone know? Can anyone know? Am I the only one who cares?

I would also say that from the images the wear to the Kragenspiegel fits the wear of the tunic in general.

The question on the honor cuff title is a very confusing issue. If my reading of the orders is correct, the command and men were "entitled" (authorized) to wear the honor title. I do not know if this indicated a command or if it was up to the standarte commanders.

However, as many leaders had more than one uniform, this particular tunic may have been 'closeted' prior to the authorization of the honor title.

I do agree that th insignia does match well with the tunic and the application appears to be very well done as per period.

Bob Hritz

Hello

here is a description for it from sale site, maybe here is written something what cant be behold:

Allgemeine SS 7´th Regiment (Plauen) Obersturmbannführer Black Service Tunic.

1934 pattern issue black wool construction tunic features a four button front closure and a lay down collar. The tunic has two pleated breast pockets and two lower slash pockets, all with scalloped button down flaps. The left breast pocket has three, horizontal, thread loops for wear of an award each. Also above left breast pocket, vertical, thread loops for wear of a medium size ribbon bar (5 - 6 place).

The upper left sleeve has a red SS style wool armband with a white circular field with a black tape canted swastika. The armband is trimmed in ribbed, black, rayon to both the top and bottom edges and is neatly handstitched to sleeve. On backside of it there is a sewn on SS/RZM label.

The sleeves have deep, fold back French cuffs which are tacked in the upright position at both the inner and outer sleeve seams. The top edge of the left French cuff has woven black cufftitle with aluminium/silver stripes to both the top and bottom edges and a bullion hand embroderied, Sturm numeral, "7". The cufftitle is machinestitched to the cuff. On the right sleeve there is a "Old Fighters Chevron" hand stiched to the sleeve.

The reverse of the tunic has a tail skirt vent with dual belt ramp style buttons positioned at the top edge.

The tunic has a single shoulder cord sewn into the right shoulder seam. The narrow shoulder cord consists of three, interwoven, bright, twisted silver/aluminum cords on a black wool base. The single shoulder board is attached with a single screw post button which goes through a metal insert made into shoulder board for this application.

The forward edge of the lay down collar is trimmed with bright, silver/aluminum wire cord. The collar has a black wool, rank collar tab to the left side with four pips and a single rank stripe denoting rank of Obersturmbannführer. On the other side of the collar there is a black wool unit designation collar which have a bullion hand embroderied Standarte numeral, "7" to it (Which is Plauen). Both of the collar tabs are piped in twisted aluminium/silver cord as the collar have just a bit thinner.

Inside tunic is lined in black rayon cloth with same type of lining inside the arms. To the rear of the neck we find a tailorlabel from a tailor in a small city inside the area of the Sturm. Tunic also have a small hanger for dagger/sword sewn in place under the pocketflap at the lower left pocket.

Tunic is in medium worn condition and have napwear all over but mainly to highlighted positions, it show even wear to buttons as well as insignias. The number "7" collartab has a small part of the badgecloth missing beside the "7" as seen on the pictures. Except for that there are no damage just even wear. Tunic is in medium size and displayes well on a dummy.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast