Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TK

Article about: Greetings. It has been some time since I've noticed black SS tunics for sale. Recently 2 came and went on a dealer's site that I keep an eye on. I am somewhat skeptical and suspect that they

Default Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TK

Greetings. It has been some time since I've noticed black SS tunics for sale. Recently 2 came and went on a dealer's site that I keep an eye on. I am somewhat skeptical and suspect that they are reconstructed, being particularly desirable divisions, but not necessarilyreflected in the price. I assume all insignia is correct but hope you find some interesting considerations to share. By the way, the TK tunic is the RZM issue.
    Regards, paul
    Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TK
    P
    Many

The collar piping on the Leibstandarte piece is incorrect. The dealer had this band's man piece earlier.
    The SSTV piece looks more or less correct, but only a very acute and trained eye can determine more or less signs of basteln with such a thing.
    The SSTV cuff title Thueringen is the most common. The Buchenwald camp was also liberated by the US, ergo more regalia.
    Who knows?
    With any black tunic, you have to look closely.
    With the SSTV tunic you note the nice match of the collar patch and the collar and the pipings.
    These pictures alone are only one set of criteria.
    Finally, I wish to engage in no dealer bashing.

Thanks F.B. for your input. My apologies if my remarks were seen to cast a poor light anyone's reputation. I appreciate the familiarity of individual items such as these that our more experienced collectors have and can share.
    Personally, I would be happy to have any authentic black tunic in my collection. Indeed, should I one day be fortunate enough to own even one stripped of insignia, I would mostly likely seek to have it restored with correct insigna. No doubt paying for the service of a capable person to carry out the work. Thanks, paul

Dear Sir, thanks for yours. I have several of these and you are welcome to one or all of them when the time comes. Mine are more or less organic, maybe with the exception of a cuff title here and a shoulder cord there. The dealer in question ***** up most of the biosphere with his high jinx, and I just do not want to be part of the horde that wastes its time and your time with belaboring his malfeasance. The false rectitude that suffuses
    this discourses makes me ill.

If I see a real black tunic for sale, I will bring it to your attention, to be sure.

Both of these tunics are fundamentally authentic, but they are messed with, and I think the dealer in question states as much.

A black tunic is quite rare in and of itself. To find untouched SSVT and SSTV items is especially difficult.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-29-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Of the two, the SSTV one looks the best, so long as it is not obviously extracted from ex St. Petersberg and or Moscow film studios....and even then, such items are still quite authentic.

Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKfoetid woolens.

Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKBlack SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKOther SSTV items from leading collections recently sold....

- - ------- - -

The officer's uniform was from a Czech source, likely the Barrandov, and the Oberbayern items came originally from Shea's own collection.

Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKHere is another for sale with some amendments.

http://www.ss-steel-inc.com/SDT1.JPG

Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKThis tunic and helmet went for very little money on an auction site.

Black SS tunics aplenty- LAH and TKThe SSTV uniform from the Collector's Guild with the Czech property stamp. See post # 7

[COLOR="silver"]- - ------- -
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-31-2014 at 01:18 PM.