Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A black SS uniform

Article about: Hello all, This uniform, I have the trousers as well, has spent the last 3 decades in an attic. Which if nothing else takes it out of the scope of e-bay. The collar patches, shoulder strap a

Default A black SS uniform

Hello all,
    This uniform, I have the trousers as well, has spent the last 3 decades in an attic.
    Which if nothing else takes it out of the scope of e-bay.
    The collar patches, shoulder strap and cuff title are all embroidered in wire.
    I've done some research but I'm not brave enough to be definitive or close to it
    but it appears to be early, with wear you would expect.
    The label inside the inside pocket say's 'A Hilbert. Rastatt.'
    The medal ribbon are what you would probably expect from someone largely deskbound.
    I leave it with you and appreciate any help forthcoming. I will post the cap on a different forum.
    Any questions or further photos, please ask.
    Regards,
    Barry.
    A black SS uniformA black SS uniformA black SS uniformA black SS uniformA black SS uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A black SS uniform
    P
    Many

No good, I'm afraid. It's a post-war uniform that has been nazified by dyeing it black and furnishing it with fake insignia.

Thanks for that, they seem to have gone to an awful lot of trouble for it to end up in a working mans attic.
    Especially the insignia. Did they have machines to copy this level of quality?

The label is the biggest giveaway, used on most BW type uniforms. Even though A Hilbert. Rastatt was producing uniforms through the TR era, I believe, this wasn't.

(Below was 1926)

- - ------- - -

They will copy anything if they see a profit in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images A black SS uniform 
    "Per Ardua"

Thank you, I'll now be able to inform any purchaser to save them getting carried away.
    Barry.

Here is the man who made your black tunic in his heyday, circa 1966.A black SS uniform

Here is an authentic SS Hauptamt cuff title where it has been since about 1936.A black SS uniformA black SS uniformA black SS uniformA black SS uniform

If you spend fifteen minutes of searching on this site, you will find thousands of images of authentic black SS tunics. I own about thirty of these, to include
    over coats, etc.

Apropos "working man," if the person served as a soldier in NATO in the old FRG, then he may well have bought this at the time (i.e. a long time ago by the measure of the year 2018, or sort of long ago by the measure of a 65 year old, which I am....)
    In any case, this site has very good research resources on this regalia if you are interested.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-29-2018 at 09:24 PM.

When your tunic was made, with all the colorit.

YouTube

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast