Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.

Article about: The uniform is more of the epoch until the fall of 1934, but whatever....

Default Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwitz.

The uniform (left) is more of the epoch until the fall of 1934(right), but whatever....Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-18-2018 at 04:12 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.
    P
    Many

You can watch the whole film. DEFA is an interesting thing, as is GDR culture overall, since so many of you are interested in the regime's regalia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nONfiNgjDY

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The uniform (left) is more of the epoch until the fall of 1934(right), but whatever...
    I think this might be to subtle a detail for all but those most versed in SS uniforms to notice. In comparison to the usual treatment of German uniforms in film it looks pretty good. Thank you for the post F-B. As always I wish you and yours the best.
    Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.

Dear Friend, thanks for yours. I did not engage the whole theme of the black uniform in film. I guess that is why I collect them, because of the impression they leave
    for whatever creepy reason. The creep in the GDR film has a more accurate uniform than visible in the other enclosures, for certain.
    The imitations of the uniform are perhaps more significant than the authentic one, itself. That is, the image of the image of the image,
    which is something for other disciplines to consider. I hope life returns to normalcy where you are. All the best.

I know many women who look like that, down to the whips, too. But they don't dress that way.
    They tend to be easily overcome by a plate of french fries in my experience.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.

?

Thank you Sir for this "Filmtipp". I really enjoyed this movie.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The imitations of the uniform are perhaps more significant than the authentic one, itself. That is, the image of the image of the image,
    A key point and as you say perhaps more significant than the real thing. An interesting point to ponder. Thank you F-B.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    A key point and as you say perhaps more significant than the real thing. An interesting point to ponder. Thank you F-B.
    In Germany recently copies of a steel helmet and the machine pistol set off a huge scandal in the Bundeswehr.
    Since we struggle so hard to secure the actual item and to decipher its many, many riddles and puzzles each day,
    the truth is that the copy has existed far longer than the actual thing, and it is more widespread and more powerful as a subject
    or as an object.

Just think of how many more fake black SS uniforms exist now than we I tripped on my Breuer special fifty one years ago....?????

Then the Breuer jackets were a freak curiosity. Now dozens of firms on the world's continents churn these things out,
    to say nothing of the special tailors that served the north German surprise package and on and on.....

It is all very odd, really. What humans attach value to, the things they prey to, and then incinerate, and the things they incinerate and then prey to them...
    in an endless cycle of folly and human suffering.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.Black SS uniform in GDR film, 1961, Der Fall Gleiwtiz.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-20-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    In comparison to the usual treatment of German uniforms in film it looks pretty good.
    When it comes to the photo top left, I must say, The Man in the High Castle actually had some interesting and inspired ideas for its conjectural alternate history/1960s SS uniforms (and a few silly ones, as well). Also, Obergruppenführer John Smith is, in my opinion, one of the best-written, most interesting and multy-layered characters on current television. Brilliant acting by Rufus Sewell, too.

I never read the book in its day, which I well recall, and the author was one of the many beat, non coformist pre hippie types who resided here.
    Your acute understanding of US popular culture equals your encylopaedic command of German organizations, regulations and so forth.
    Since I am suffocated in US popular culture, I wall myself off from it, really.
    Or, via you tube, I deepen myself in film noir or films before the code and so forth, i.e. all things in which Berlin, Wien, and Budapest, or even
    Czernowitz intruded greatly into life in my native land.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-20-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast