Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

Hmm I don't know...I'm thinking the supply officer would supply helmets to recruits who would be otherwise headwear-less. These guys are going out to real combat and helmets shouldn't lie around if they could go to use, regulations or not. But if they are SS members, I do then question why they are so senior yet poorly dressed. Not to mention what they're carrying.

Some of SS-clad men are carrying Panzerfausts. The third row guy has a machine gun tool box and an ammo belt draped over his shoulders..on top of what's not a uniform. It's not really what I picture as a commander. What I imagine is there was a surplus of SS stuff so these guys got the helmets and the first row was lucky enough to actually look like soldiers. Look at how old these guys are, they're older than most generals.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

The issue of uniforms in the Volksturm is well covered in the Yelton book from Kansas University Press on this subject.
    This thread is on the black SS uniform in wear from 1939 until war's end. It is especially for pictorial material on this theme.

Very nice pictures in this thread! I have a question though... In black & white films of the time we see men wearing these black uniforms with white Y straps, gloves and ammo pouches but I haven't seen any of that in a collection or on sale somewhere. Not that I am willing to buy nor I am an SS collector but I was just curious on why this is happening.

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Very nice pictures in this thread! I have a question though... In black & white films of the time we see men wearing these black uniforms with white Y straps, gloves and ammo pouches but I haven't seen any of that in a collection or on sale somewhere. Not that I am willing to buy nor I am an SS collector but I was just curious on why this is happening.
    The white leather equipment was not universally worn throughout the SS, but restricted to the Leibstandarte. Original pieces are very rare.

Oh thanks for the information!! You see i'm a rookie on SS regalia! Do you know if there are any photos from private collections? I would love to see them in 2015!!!

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 19431942 SS Bekleidungswerk price list, with black uniform in stock.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943late 1940 SS price list, black SS items there, too, i.e. in war time.

?

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Thank you for the further data, FB. Your photos are very pleasing, nicely done.

Best,

CMH

I had not read this thread before, but the shown photo from post 1
    (see next post)

I had not read this thread before, but the shown photo from post 1

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

was actually in the German press from mid-1943.

For example in the Stuttgarter Illustrierte (Oktober 13, 1943) another photo was shown.
    The caption said: Reich Minister Goebbels congratulates the farmer (den Bauern) Zschirnst
    (that is how the name was in the newspaper) with his RK to the KVK decoration.

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943 Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Note the Odalrune-diamond and the extremely rare cuffband (check the photos and you
    will find out many in a black uniform (in this thread) do wear the Odalrune and are from the
    same department).
    With special occasions the black Allgemeine-SS uniform was worn even later.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast