Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Article about: Dear Colleague, in contrast, here is an Austrian Allgemeine SS man, but I think of a higher echelon of command. I think colleague d'alquen originally furnished us this image. My wild guess i

Default Re: Black SS uniform in wear, 1943

Thank you for the additional information. The SS Mann is a Bewerber, I think, granted his lack of collar patches. The Sta. 112 was raised on 15 May 1941 according to my sources. The patch lower pocket on this man's tunic is also noteworthy. PS I am sorry to re-state what the colleague previous had already done as concerns this man's candidate status.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black SS uniform in wear, 1943
    P
    Many

michal
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks for the above. Others should not feel shy about the posting of additional data of merit. D'alquen gave us this picture awhile ago of a certain SS officer at an art exhibition in 1942.
    In the middle is gauleiter München-Oberbayern, Adolf Wagner. SS oberfuehrer looks so familiar, but I am not sure who is it.

Michal

Quote by michal View Post
    In the middle is gauleiter München-Oberbayern, Adolf Wagner. SS oberfuehrer looks so familiar, but I am not sure who is it.

Michal
    Danke vielmals.

arrow606
    ?

i'd like to know too

I have been searching for pics of an RKT in black uniform, to no avail. The closest is probably Wunsche in his open-collar pre-war cut tunic.

I did find another pic of Zschirnt:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  

Another view:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black SS uniform in wear, 1943  

Thanks for the nice images from the Bundesarchiv.

I should like this black uniform with the R u S Hauptamt cuff title, especially.

Even better pic. F-B, are you aware of any W-SS men who wore the black uniform with their Knights Cross?

This has to be one of the last pics of the black uniform in wear--
    the September 30th, 1944 awarding of the KVK to SS Standartenfuhrer Heinrich Pehle:
    Attached Images Attached Images Black SS uniform in wear, 1943 

Thanks for the data and the interesting and late images of the schwarze Montur. I am not aware of any images of Waffen SS Ritterkreuztraeger in black, but in saying same, I am always loathe to say "never." Our man d'Alquen is the real master of photographic images, and we do not see him posting here anymore, which makes me quite sad.

These men here in black are in part time SS billets (Planstellen) thus that were not entitled to the grey uniform.

Many civil servants and other people of importance in Nazi state and society had SS rank in addition to their other offices, just as general SS leaders had Waffen SS or police rank.

The attached uniform now in the possession of a mutual friend was that of the Standortkommandant Muenchen der Waffen SS.

But he was not a Ritterkreuztraeger, as near as I can tell.

Thanks for the nice contribution to this arcane thread.

The Beaver book contributes to the impression that all the Allgemeine SS wore a grey uniform after a certain date, which is not the case; further, Himmler apparently ordered black uniforms of Waffen SS members to be recycled for wartime textiles drives, but this order, like others (the cap piping order...) was not carried out 100% or else why would the number of extant foetid woolens have come down to us in this year 2009?

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast